Purpose: The E-Commerce Photo Studio Manager works closely with the Creative Director to plan and execute seasonal and collection lighting and photography directions for all PDP photography production. The day-to-day responsibilities of this role include setting the shoot schedule, allocating HR and equipment resources to various shoots, working with production, sample management, PDP sku management, on-set quality control, workling closely with merchants, post production and delegating tasks to various staff and freelance workers. This role has several direct reports, including staff photographers, digital techs and stylist. The E-Commerce Photo Studio Manager is also responsible for studio upkeep: keeping the studio stocked with expendables, maintaining a clean and organized studio environment, time management and delegation to meet all deadlines and keeping all photo and lighting equipment in good working order.
· All PDP shoots (coordinate with producers w/ input from stylists and photographers
· Allocate staff members’ time, make sure freelance coverage is in place when you feel it is necessary
· Coordinate w/ other photo Ads for assets shoots (studio space, in-house equipment, staff time)
Staff advocate and staff professional development:
· Set the boundaries and expectations for fair, realistic demands of staff time; be ready to protect staff from being over booked by being able to make a business case to producers and leadership
· Lead individual and team feedback (image reviews, shoot debriefs)
· Conduct consistent individual TBs with direct reports and provide individualized feedback
Quality control and standards:
· Ensure consistent production process from sets staying true to diagrams, photographers, using proper EIPs or other reference files, and staying true to lighting/edit/shooting standards
· Work with photographers, stylists, retouchers to create, and keep up-to-date guides and guidelines for photo, styling, and retouching standards
· Shot lists (handoff doc): oversee audit process, and personally review
· Final approval/review of all PDP images before they go to post; Call/approve all reshoots and image swaps, working with Stylists
· Work with merchants in sample hand offs
· Making sure all samples and products are labeled and shot and passed to post production on time.
· Meet deadlines and delegate workload to team to make sure team meets launch and pass off dates for product to hit live on ecomm.
· Keep stocked with snacks, expendables, equipment acquisition (including capex)
· Maintains CPS account and maintains studio equipment inventory list
· Clean studio, maintain space, and delegate various tasks to the photographers.
· Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality, setting the example for leaders and associates.
· Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships, driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
· Serve as a PacSun advocate in the industry and marketplace.
· Recruit, identify, develop, and retain talent that delivers performance excellence.
· As a manager, serve as a leader of company culture, norms, and conduct.
· Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high level of approachability, encouraging and eliciting associate feedback and interaction.
· Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite on a Mac platform.
· Experience in a retail environment preferred.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience preferred.
· Must have knowledge / understanding of fashion industry / retail environment.
· BFA, BA or other design related degree desired.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to communicate creative ideas effectively.
· Working knowledge of studio digital photography and lighting practices.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
· The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
· Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours; with frequent interruptions.
· Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
· Hotel, Airplane, and Car Travel Required.