Our client is a well-known manufacturer of clothing and accessories and is looking for a new Planning Analyst to join their team!
The Planner/ Analyst will be responsible for developing seasonal department plans by class that meets the financial budget and merchandising gross margin objectives. Determine business trends due to store promotional calendar, zero out dates for seasonal merchandise and penetration of business. Ensure division's objectives of gross margin components are met.
Planner/Analyst Role and Responsibilities
- Develop seasonal budgets that meet the corporate sales and gross margin goals.
- Develop supporting seasonal strategic business plans. Develop seasonal merchandise gross margin components and objectives at department and merchandise class level.
- Lead the budget process team that includes merchants, planner, and store planner.
- Product Planning: Effective planning of inventory in conjunction with floor sets and sales promotion plans to drive maximum in store sales and margin return.
- Work with store planners to determine inventory class needs by volume group and store profile. Determine proper sales and stock relationship between core and fashion classifications.
- Maximize inventory flow to improve turn and sell off percents.
- Forecasting: Identify sales opportunities and trends through effective strategic planning and execution that achieve financial goals.
- Re-project monthly sales and markdowns based on trends, receipt flow, and promotions.
- Monitor seasonal selling to ensure zero out compliance.
- Monitor weekly results to achieve sales and margin goals.
- Re-plan business weekly to identify and maximize opportunities.
- Determine reorder flow and timing need by volume group with store planners.
- Assortment Planning: Develop promotional strategy that achieves sales results while maintaining margin objectives.
- Develop merchandise class assortments and transitional plans in coordination with store planner and merchants.
- Ensure core items are purchased in depth with adequate delivery flow.
- Determine the inventory levels to support visual presentation in-season and store demand.
• 2-4 years retail management in merchandising, planning or distribution
• College graduate and/or industry trained professional
• Must have strong Excel skills
• Technical knowledge in PC based systems and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook
• Knowledge of Retail Link strongly preferred
• Prior experience with web retailers a plus
• Strong analytical skills
• Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Solid negotiations skills
• Initiative, self-motivation
• Excellent communication skills
• Collaborative team player
• Positive Attitude