Our client is a well-known luxury watch company that is looking for a new Demand Planner associate to join their team.
Our client is one of the world’s largest beauty companies with an iconic portfolio of brands across fragrance, color cosmetics, and skin and body care. They are the global leader in fragrance and cosmetics. They're seeking a Senior Manager, Demand Planner who matches both skill requirements and cultural fit.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
– Full responsibility for forecasting and purchasing inventory for the company’s 1,000+ SKUS. Track sales and inventory levels to place POs with overseas factories as needed every month throughout the year. Re-calculate projections monthly according to the changing sales demand. Track Key account large quantity POs to ensure on time delivery.
Inventory Planning/Management Prepare and analyze inventory reports based on sales forecast, allocations, booking curves and write factory purchase orders for appropriate products and quantities. Track sales summary weekly.
Out of Stock, Overstock and Slow-Moving Inventory Analyze and identify products that are overstocked and/or slow moving.
Prepare as needed out of stock reports.
Recommend ways to turn the inventory efficiently and effectively including flash sales and other promotional recommendations.
Sales Analysis Prepare various reports and analysis to properly analyze company sales & trends of products, life cycles.
Prepare reports to analyze top & bottom selling items, product types/categories, themes, and other reports that help the Product Development team prepare assortment strategies.
Forecasting Re-forecast all items monthly based on sales history and open orders.
Recommend vendor order adjustments based on sales trends, inventory adjustments, quality issues etc.
Work together with the Director of Product Development and Sales to appropriately forecast new item sales by item, category and total company sales based on historical data, economic factors, and new product forecast.
Attend Line review and provide ad hoc analysis as needed.
Develop forecast reports for overseas factories to help in holding production capacity as needed.
Customer Fulfillment and Inventory Turns Manage inventory to provide on time shipments to our customers.
Respond to Large Order Inquiries.
Work towards increasing inventory turns to free up warehouse space and reduce capital investment.
Procedure Manuals Document all procedures for the Inventory Planner position for the Department Procedure manual.
• Min. 2 years’ experience in inventory planning, analysis, forecasting and purchasing.
• ADVANCED MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets containing advanced formulas, conditional formatting, links, pivot tables and graphs).
• 4- year College degree.
• Astute proficiency in analyzing sales, forecasting and order writing.
• Strong analytical background. Ability to prepare reports, analyze and report pertinent data.
• Excellent math skills.
• Outstanding organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects, tasks, and priorities.
• Detail oriented with strong sense of accuracy.