Job description24 Seven is partnering up with a leading global brand experience agency that defines, creates, produces and transforms brand experiences to help them find a Plate Maker to join their team onsite in St. Louis, Missouri! This is a 4-6 month contract-to-hire opportunity. While on contract, you'd be eligible for benefits including medical, dental, vision, sick time, 401K and holiday pay.
Ideal Candidate: This is an entry level position, no previous experience is needed we just ask you have willingness to learn, ambitious, detail oriented and have some computer knowledge.
The Plate Maker performs a variety of tasks related to producing polymer printing plates of varying thickness from polymer sheet material.
• Sorts and prioritizes orders by due date and plate thickness.
• Reviews order to determine plate material, thickness, all digital specifications.
• Determines exposure times necessary to produce quality plates.
• Operates lasers, exposure unit, batch processor and dryer/finishing unit to process polymer plates.
• Performs quality checks on the plates to ensure they meet specifications
• Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition, monitors and corrects unsafe conditions.
• Follows prescribed safety regulations.
• Maintains inventory control to ensure that plate and processing materials are always on hand and available for the manufacturing process.
• Slip sheet finished plates before delivering to the shipping department.
• Provides backup coverage for the following Depts: Shipping/Receiving
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred
• 1+years of previous experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Basic degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
• Basic analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
• Basic verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
• Basic understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
• Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
• Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
• Possess a mechanical aptitude
• Ability to work overtime as necessary.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment may be high.