Job descriptionOur client, a Production Studio, is looking for a Post Supervisor to join their team. This will be full time/direct hire and onsite 5 days a week in El Segundo. This role will be managing the editing team which consists or Junior and Assistant Editors so management experience is a must.
The ideal candidate has an understanding of logistics of the post-production process and has technical knowledge. You should be advanced using Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Media Encoder), DaVinci Resolve, and Google Suite products. Knowledge of the online and online editorial process, video editing softwares, digital audio workflow, motion graphics, and file formatting is required. Knowledge of and experience with VFX is preferred.
- Responsible for resource management, staff training mentorship, editor training, and so all deadlines are met
- Responsible for staff training, mentorship, and ensuring company standard workflows are maintained
- Ensure editor staff is consistently engaged in continued education training with clearly defined objectives
- Ensure editor staff has consistent internal projects assigned to work on between external project downtime
- Maintain clear and concise editor staff status updates to internal departments in real-time
- Responsible for maintaining a positive atmosphere and culture within the department
- Facilitate the smooth operation between post department, creative department, and entertainment department
- Assist post producers in the scheduling and coordination of media preps, music pulls, archival footage searches, editing, and quality control/review sessions
- May be required to assist edit staff on projects, but will not be ‘project-assigned’
- Help post producers and edit staff facilitate Transcription Services, as applicable
- Submit bi-weekly project tracker to Controller
Location: onsite in El Segundo