Our client is a full-service communications agency with 20-year tenure and offices in New York, LA and SF. Services include traditional and digital practices including PR, brand development, social media, content creation and influencer and celebrity.
PR Account Director Overview:
As the PR Account Director, you will expand the reach of our client’s stories. The Account Director will be responsible for overseeing direct to consumer brands in lifestyle, wellness, beauty, health, consumer product goods, tech and innovating start-ups.
You must have strong relationships with innovation, business and lifestyle media and can engage with Founders and Entrepreneurs at these businesses to tell their stories in meaningful ways.
Additionally, you are an expert strategist and relationship builder who has experience launching venture-backed brands and can supervise, develop and mentor a dynamic team.
PR Account Director Responsibilities:
· Serve as the primary point of contact for an impressive roster of clients
· Develop and execute traditional and digital media communication strategies for pre-launch start-ups and renowned brands
· Create press kits, releases, pitches and brand and executive messging
· Nurture relationships with consumer wellness, tech and business editors
· Secure feature stories and press interviews in top national, regional and online outlets
· Facilitate brand partnerships, activations, campaigns and other opportunities
· Distribute editorial reports and briefing documents
· Build though leadership content and programs for executive including but not limited to conferences, broadcast segments, podcasts, bi-lines and blog posts
· Conceptualize and execute press events in collaboration with in-house event production team
· Manage junior staff
· Participate in new business pitches and meetings
PR Account Director Qualifications:
· BA/BS degree with 6+ years of experience working in Public Relations for consumer wellness, lifestyle and innovation companies (startups to mid-level businesses)
· Proven track record of creating solid relationships with internal business partners and media contacts (beauty, wellness, innovation and business)
· 10+ years experience in corporate communications and public relations
· An effective communicator and storyteller who can work with cross-functional teams, manage multiple complex projects simultaneously, and produce under tight deadlines
· A strong writer who can turn technical capabilities into clear, concise, and compelling benefits for the right audience
· Proficient in Google Workspace, Slack, Powerpoint, Excel and social media platforms
PR Account Director Benefits/Perks:
401K with employer matching, life insurance, birthday bonus, fully covered health, dental & vision, FSA, discounted gym and ClassPass memberships plus monthly credit, fully paid CitiBike account, discounted Metrocard, paid vacation, paid holiday + two-week holiday office closure, Summer Fridays