You will be the second designer on the team and the first Product Designer. Your mission will be to make the UX of our products impeccable and boundary-breaking in the industry. You will own the user experience of our products. You will improve or help create processes that ensure high-quality products. You will speak with students, teachers, engineers, and marketers to elegantly solve our students’ needs. You’ll probably become friends with some of our students—that happens to all of us. On the day-to-day, you’ll be designing our mobile apps as well as the user journeys of new programs like private lessons and group lessons.
- 3-10 years Product Design experience working on B2C products, with a strong bias towards mobile apps.
- Knowledge of usability principles, information architecture, and design systems for mobile apps.
- Proficient with design tools like Adobe Sketch, After Effects and Figma.
- Experience leading UX Design processes such as creating storyboards, mockups & low fidelity/high fidelity prototypes, user-testing, running user interviews, and mapping out user journeys.
- Ability to analyze quantitative user data to inform product changes. Comfortable with data analytics software.
- Experience with basic project management.
- Makes decisions based both on data and inspiration. Knows when either is appropriate.
- Deep empathy for the journey of each individual student.
- Action-oriented. Moves with purpose, urgency, and adventure.
- Hands-on. Willing and eager to learn new skills to help out the team. Doesn’t view any task as “below” or “above” them.
- Creative. Able to come up with truly new ideas and be self-directed.
- Accountable. High standards for team productivity.
- Excellent organization and communication skills. Likes details.
If you’ve read this whole thing, you might be a fit.