our apparel client is continuing to grow and looking to add a Product Developer to their team who is an organized, motivated, solutions-oriented problem solver with footwear development experience preferably focused on outdoor product. The Product Developer for will be a key member of the product creation team providing insights, suggestions, and sharing information to deliver quality products on time at the right cost for the intended performance use. A strong candidate for this position will approach the work collaboratively and with a curiosity as to how we can make good products and processes better.
The primary functions of this role, include but are not limited to:
- 1. Guiding assigned products through the product creation process focused on delivering quality products with a timely approval of fit, testing, and manufacturing confirmation samples.
- 2. Reviewing briefs, design tech packages, 3D models, and samples to identify potential construction, material, fit /wear, or costing concerns.
- 3. Facilitating a timely review, delivery, and approval of all relevant technical information (lasts, blueprint files, 3D models, shell patterns, BOM’s, cost sheets, etc.)
- 4. Managing relationships and communicating clearly to relevant stakeholders (including overseas partners) in an effort of aligning the team throughout the product creation process.
Who You Are
A friendly, self-starter who has a high level of curiosity and a drive for excellence that brings a collaborative, solution-oriented problem-solving approach, an ability to multitask, and a detail focus to the work. You can align cross functional partners with clear communication using your technical development understanding to influence.
We’d love to hear from people with
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience
- 3+ years’ experience in the footwear industry
- Experience building product specifications while meeting seasonal calendar timelines.
- Experience reviewing costing and testing information to identify potential solutions/improvements.
- Contemporary knowledge of product construction, materials, design applications, and molding
- Experience traveling to and/or working with overseas factory development centers