Our client is a well-known and fast growing skincare brand that is emerging out of the "start up" phase and continuing to grow their business. We are looking for a new Product Development Manager to join their team!
The Product Development Manager is responsible for the product innovation pipeline from product conception to final formula and packaging design. The candidate should have a strong understanding and passion of skin care, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and work well with cross-functional teams. The role will report to the Director of Marketing.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Oversee the product development lifecycle from concept to launch, while ensuring on-time delivery of critical project milestones, budgets, and quality control goals.
- Define the future product roadmap and optimize current product portfolio in accordance with brand development philosophy.
- Lead communication with cross-functional departments on product briefs, copy, artwork, packaging briefs, formula feedback and timelines.
- Work with marketing & creative teams on packaging design and copy that creates an on-brand experience.
- Spearhead lab briefs and closely communicate with overseas/domestic partners on sample approval process and production timelines.
- Support cross-functional departments with robust product dossiers on formulations, ingredients, usage, benefits, claims, etc in timely manner.
- Manage and negotiate product costs in line with competitive SRPs.
- Conduct consumer survey on products to iterate and drive improvements in future releases.
- Spearhead market, competitive, scientific & industry research relevant to development process.
- Drive clinical and consumer claims testing process.
- Support international registration processes, including compliant artwork and claims creation.
- Identify, create and manage relationships with new and existing manufacturing partners.
- Follow up as needed to ensure all orders are being properly shipped and arriving on schedule.
- Work with sales and fulfillment teams to forecast and meet product inventory needs.
- 4-5+ years related experience working in cosmetic product development, within skincare.
- Experience working from ideation to completion the product development process Ability to work effectively in a team environment, manage multiple projects at the same time & set priorities.
- Stay on top of the latest beauty and lifestyle trends and find opportunities for new products, variations and ideas.
- Outstanding organization, follow-through, and attention to detail.
- Comfortable interfacing with founders on a consistent basis
- Based in New York.
- Candidate will need to be comfortable speaking with international vendors primarily based in South Korea.