Job descriptionBRAND NEW BEAUTY PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER ROLE OPEN IN LA(CLOSE TO VENTURA COUNTY) FOR A LEADER IN THE INDUSTRY! MUST HAVE BOTH COLOR AND SKINCARE EXPERIENCE. MUST LIVE IN LA! THIS IS AN ON SITE FULL TIME POSITION.
The Product Development Manager will be in charge of ensuring a seamless & streamlined creative product development process. Specific focus on both shade makeup development and formulations.
- Competitive product benchmarking & shade / trend analysis
- Consistently inventive and able to provide out of the box solutions on concept ideas
- Collaborate with the creative and marketing teams for product concepts and design
- Manage the development of new formulas and line extensions in Color or Skincare, from concept to counter, working creatively with the Product Development team and strategically with Marketing
- Coordinates cross-functional meetings to ensure successful product development process
- Ensure lab and bulk standard approval with TPM’s
- Coordination with Corporate Marketing teams on final formula release
- Maintain formula archiving
- Attend brainstorming sessions/R&D meetings as well as third party vendor meetings to seek innovation and new concepts - provide creative input
- Keep team informed of current competitive products and market trends
- Bring to life innovative and impactful new products, from concept to launch and drive PD process
- Lead product testing to ensure high quality, superior performance and unique product offering
- Peer leadership and collaboration among cross functional partners (R&D, creative, operations, legal, regulatory/ toxicology and integrative marketing)
- Attend industry conferences; education on product packaging directions and trends
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or higher
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Minimum 4-5 years' experience working in developing color cosmetics or skincare
- Must have prior experience working in and with cosmetics labs to developing products, specifically texture and shade development
- Experience working on multiple projects at a time ( drop model cadence), thrive in a fast-paced environment
** Do Not Apply if you are currently a coordinator or an associate level. must have the min years of experience and currently a manager.