We are looking for a product manager driven by curiosity around human needs, a deep-rooted focus and excitement in distilling relevant needs into hardware first experiences, and a pragmatic mindset around delivering these experiences in the form of products and services.
You must have work experience that highlights the design and delivery of multiple hardware products through effective collaboration across the various teams involved in the product development process. You must be a driven self-starter, comfortable driving and supporting multiple work streams at varying levels of abstraction in parallel within small cross-functional teams. You can articulate a clear vision while adapting to a fast-paced market. Organization, ability to influence without authority, attention to detail, strong first principle thinking, and clarity around deadlines are critical for success.
- Contribute to the framing of product development projects to articulate the user is focused on, their needs and translating these into design and product intent/principles.
- Contribute in the definition of the vision for a project to take the product intent and principles and work towards a single direction for the product development to focus on.
- Drive the product development from vision through launch Work closely with design, SMEs, program management, engineering, marketing, operations, and business development to define and detail product requirements
- Collaborate closely with engineering, portfolio, and design teams to reach optimal tradeoff between the vision of the product experience, time to market, and product cost.
- Work with manufacturing partners in the development and review of prototypes
- Develop plans with consumer research for testing product/experience during development with internal and external users
- Work with extended cross-business groups and external partners where necessary
- Work with the go-to-market teams to detail out the business case and financial implication for the projects, and the customer support plans for the products.
- Organize and run gate reviews with program management.
- Contribute to the long term product line and portfolio road mapping
- Maintain intelligence on competitive products in the domains
- Work on evaluating the effectiveness of the existing portfolio
- Developing guidelines and rules that carry across the product portfolio evaluation and development of new products.
- 4+ years of experience in bringing hardware products to market in a capacity or role with the responsibilities above
- At least 3 consumer electronics products taken from concept to mass production through stage-gate processes.
- Cross-functional experience in working collaboratively with different teams in the development process
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong understanding of the product (hardware and software) life cycle process, engineering principles, design constraints.
- Rapid critical thinking Reasoned decision making Clear communication Ability to influence outcomes indirectly
- Ability to transition between levels of abstraction EMBODIED BEHAVIORS
- Unbounded curiosity with a focus
- Empathy for the user with a view of the bottom line
- Adaptability to many situations like water
- Appreciation for the importance of the team’s success leading to long term product success
- Minimum Undergraduate degree in business, engineering, product design, or related.
- Ideal Masters degree focused on business strategy, user experience, HCI