Job descriptionProduct Toy Designer
*This position is Remote - preference for those in proximity to LA, SF Flexible on location.
*4+ Month Fulltime hours Contract
Our client is seeking a passionate individual to work with large franchise within Product/ Toy Design.
The designer will create original designs as well as work closely with other departments to help translate market needs into new product designs that meet customer expectations of quality and value. The candidate needs to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a self-starting work ethic. Flexibility and enthusiasm are a key part of being a team player. This fulfilling position will have an influential role in the direction and strategy of new products. The ideal candidate will possess proven product design experience showing ability to work on challenging and fun children's products as well as ideating new concepts.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Drive products from concept to production.
- Prepare creative/product retail custom design tools and pitches to differentiate by category
- Manage design and development with other disciplines within the company including model makers, sculptors
- Create specification packages to be sent for quoting and sampling.
- Assist in product planning and strategies.
- Present concepts and collaborate with partners to review, critique and select new designs and collections for development.
- Manage design output and balance efforts across all product categories to ensure product strategies and goals are met.
- Evaluate and communicate design, color, material changes during product development process.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial design or Product design desired
- 5+ years design experience with children toy design and development
- Experience coordinating projects, managing timelines, organizing details, and strong communication.
- Experience with vehicle, dolls, or product design for
- Strong product design skills (e.g. 3D product design, technical design, sketching, creative application and manipulation of art, final mechanical art, fabric and trim identification)
- Proficient in design programs such as: Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop & Illustrator, Hand Sketching, Procreate, Solidworks, Keyshot or other 3D programs.
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing process, especially for plastics and/or soft goods.
- A clear understanding of the development process and what it takes to bring a design concept to market.
- Must take ownership of projects and possess impeccable follow-through
- All applicants must submit a portfolio of their best works
Rate: $45-70/hr DOE