Our client is a well-known manufacturer and distributor of cosmetics and fragrances that is looking for a new Production Planner to join their team!
Production Planner Position Summary:
Plan short to long-term product requirements to ensure that customer service and inventory targets are achieved. This is done while considering both material availability and capacity management. Position may be responsible for managing assets across multiple locations.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Creation of BOM’s in ERP system and ensuring accuracy
• Procurement of materials for production as well as work order coordination of finished products
• Coordinate production with subcontractors
• Confirm material availability to create process orders weekly for current subcontracted production to support service objectives. This may include creation of stock transfers from other warehouse facilities.
• Review material shortages preventing order conversion and follow up with appropriate suppliers to expedite deliveries
• Utilize capacity planning, economic order quantity evaluation to ensure a smoother supply chain.
• Evaluate days of supply to ensure proper date maintenance, quantity, sequencing and prioritizing of production runs.
• Communicate supply issues to Sales and Marketing
• Ensure only needed products are being planned and run
• Participation in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions or new product launches to ensure timely transitions in material and production flow
• College Degree
• 3-5 years planning and / or production experience.
• Fundamental knowledge of Supply Chain (Plan, Source, Make, Deliver), the integration of organization, system and process enterprise wide, and the importance of Master Data in the overall effectiveness and operation of the Supply Chain.
• APICS certification preferred
• Strong computer (Great Plains ERP, Office, Outlook, ,etc.) and interpersonal communication skills.
• The ability to work independently with strong decision making skills.
• Ability to build access databases a plus.