Job descriptionProject Coordinator
Our client, a Los Angeles-based creative and design agency, is looking for a Project Coordinator to add to their team.
With your know-how, pep, and passion, you will play a critical role in managing our hard-working, eclectic crew’s creative output for a roster of world-class entertainment brands.
The Project Coordinator, Motion Department serves as the primary project administrative contact and is a key filter in the flow of information, from each project's kickoff to the end. The position reports to the Senior Director, Production in charge of the motion team.
Project Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Assists the Senior Production Director in project workflow: general job-related tasks, job tracking and scheduling/booking
- Maintains the master timeline for a project and keeps all parties informed of their progress against the deadlines
- Provides the project team with all communication regarding the project, ensuring the project stays on-time and to spec
- Maintains and provides project-level data to the VP, Operations for reporting purposes
- Prepares resource documents to ensure the efficient engagement of additional designers, etc.
- Maintains files, types, faxes, copies and performs other clerical services
- Provides general office support as requested by senior staff
- Communicates effectively and tactfully with people on all levels in person, on the phone, and by video call
- Observes the utmost confidentiality
- Prepares documents and presentation materials, creates and proofreads correspondence/memos, and edits agendas and meeting documentation
- Pays close attention to detail and understands written and oral instructions
Project Coordinator Qualifications:
- Strong written and verbal communication, organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented, good follow-through, ability to multitask, and work well under tight deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment while following department protocol.
- Ability to manage several overlapping project schedules at once.
- Self-starter that values collaboration and feedback.
- Great follow-through and organizational skills.
- Strong listening, project management, and presentation skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Problem-solver attitude with positive business etiquette.
- Ability to be proactive to seek out stakeholders who will have the information you need.
- Ability to think bigger than the task initially presented and identify deliverables not initially presented.
- Ability to approach a problem from multiple viewpoints.
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and work through problems with partners taking them along for the journey – one team, one dream mentality.
- Extensive history with Google Apps, Slack, and Asana (or other similar project management platforms) is a must-have, as the rapid pace and multiple pathways of communication can be daunting.
- Motion-related experience in the entertainment space is mandatory.
- Candidates need to have a solid grasp of vernacular, expectations, processes, pitfalls, and best practices to ensure proper guidance of all client projects from kickoff to completion.