We are looking for a Project Manager with experience with contractors and furniture experience.
In this role you will be responsible for developing and implementing furniture project plans for successful and profitable execution.
Ensuring project timelines and budgets are met.
Manages and coordinates on-site supervision of installation, working closely with installation supervisors, contractors and other trades to ensure project progresses according to plan.
Conducts pre-punch and punch-list walk through with installation supervisor and customer to compile punch-list items, proactively manage punch-list resolution and final close-out of project.
Report project status to team in weekly meetings. Project Managers may be engaged in all projects $25,000 or above.
May be involved in smaller projects as required.
• Provides professional customer interface and client relations throughout project and may be the single point of contact for customer
• Attends client planning meetings to interpret project requirements, convey furniture capabilities and formulate project plans
• Develops a work plan, schedule and logistics required based on the overall project parameters and scope
• Provides technical consultation to customer and /or design firm regarding electrical outlets requirements, cabling, sound systems, weight loads, etc. to assure successful contract furniture installation
• Attends weekly construction meetings and tenant improvement (TI) build-out planning meetings to ensure accurate and complete exchange of information
• Coordinates project by working closely with design team, sales and Warehouse/Delivery/Installation
• Checks installation/design plans against order to ensure product application will work; all product required for installation has been specified (i.e. correct handedness, item counts, etc.) noting electrical and furniture cabling requirements to ensure compliance to project plan and to proactively adjust order quantities
• Conducts field pre-punch and punch-list reviews with customer and executes and manages punch-list process
• Participates in work-in-process and open order backlog review meetings with management team to check progress and resolve any issues
• Ensures Operations job folders are complete, obtaining and coordinating installation drawing sets, delivery tickets, installation instructions, timelines and job-site requirements are included
• Coordinates with Operations and other resources to schedule delivery & installation resources. Obtains labor estimates (coordinating through Major Project Services or Furniture Operations)
• Reviews ship dates for adherence to original timeline requirements and orchestrates with factory representatives regarding shipping schedules and any special instructions to assure installation is timely and accurate. May coordinate with the Project Coordinators
• Key point of contact for transportation companies with scheduling deliveries to job-sites, warehouses or other locations to ensure timely delivery of product, resources are on-site for off-load, etc
• Works with Project Coordinators to ensure that invoicing is timely and accurate; (i.e.,items are costed properly to generate an accurate margin)
• Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
• Proficient with mathematical disciplines (algebra, geometry) • ability to read and understand construction drawings, furniture specification plans and other architectural drawings
• Excellent project management skills
• Strong business acumen
• Strong interpersonal skills • Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
• Minimum of three (3) years of installation, design, or project management experience required
• Ability to travel 30-40% of the time