Our client, a well-known agency located in Chicago, is looking to bring on a Fulltime QA Engineer to their growing team, starting immediately. This candidate can be completely remote!
The Quality Assurance Engineer (QA Engineer) is a member of the Compliance team. The QA Engineer is primarily responsible for the development and upkeep of automation tests to ensure that our custom-developed client websites and applications are compliant with industry and regulatory standards for design, functionality, and content. In addition, they are responsible for updating and maintaining the documentation for automation tests and automated testing. This includes collaborating with other QA Engineers and other disciplines within the QA team under the direction of the Automation Lead and the Quality Assurance Manager.
The QA Engineer will utilize web UI automation tests to drive efficiency, innovation, organization, and documentation that allows for continuous improvement of the quality of our work for a variety of clients and industries. They will also participate in and/or lead projects and brainstorming sessions to enhance and streamline the internal workflows of the QA department. This includes writing documentation, establishing and reviewing workflows, researching and testing new applications and software, and keeping internal AT documentation organized.
Sample Day to Day Duties, but not limited to:
- Review and analyze new projects and project features to plan and execute automated testing
- Plan and create automated tests with support from the Automation Lead, as needed
- Communicate with team members to complete goals, resolve issues, and improve work efficiency
- Perform risk analysis and identify potential automated test scenarios
- Document and keep AT procedures and practices up to date
- Assist in distributing AT work among team members to ensure a balanced workload distribution, effective team strategy, and adherence to project timelines
- Maintain AT infrastructure by performing updates and backups
- Ensure that websites are consistent with client's visual identity, including the overall look, graphic elements, and functionality of the site
- Ability to follow strict brand and visual guidelines
- Taking and editing screenshots
- Manually test websites for design and functional issues
- Utilize a project/issue tracking system (JIRA)
- Follow/build test plans
- Formulate/maintain timelines
- Respectfully work together with other disciplines in an Agile-oriented environment'
- Develop, maintain, and execute web UI automated tests
- Delegate work when required and ensure that tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Work closely with the Automation Lead and Quality Assurance Manager to ensure alignment on all automation initiatives
- Engage with the development team on new automation initiatives
- Articulate and document processes
- Analyze process gaps around launches and/or updates with a focus on finding solutions and streamlining the process
- Follow/build testing plans
- Formulate/maintain timelines and communicate with senior team members and project managers
- Research and stay abreast of new trends, tools, and best practices in automated testing
- Other duties as assigned
QA Engineer Qualifications:
- College degree preferred, but not required
- Success in fast-paced environments with competing project deadlines and priorities
- Web UI automation testing and Git experience preferred
- Nightwatch (Selenium), JS, Node, Jenkins, Docker, Git, GitLab, GitLab CI
- GitLab Issues, Jira, Confluence, Google Workspace applications, Microsoft Office applications, BrowserStack, Slack
- Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, and InDesign experience
If you are interested in and qualified for this role, please forward tour resume and portfolio today!