Job description24 Seven is partnering with a global sports apparel company to help them find a Researcher to join their team. This is a 12-month contract with a high potential to extend or convert to full-time if it's a good fit with the team. This person will need to be onsite 3-days a week in Beaverton, OR.
- Carries out foundational research in kinesiology and biometrics, which fuels and supports the overall innovation agenda resulting in creating functionally superior creative product.
- Utilizes biomechanical and physiological equipment to conduct leading- edge experiments to collect data contributing to the research and development of new technologies.
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative in performing experiments independently. Summarizes data from research.
- Assists in preparation of reports to present results of independent experiments and findings at department level.
- Thorough understanding of anatomy, biomechanical principles, experimental designs and statistical procedures.
- Understanding of injury mechanisms and sporting performance.
- Exposure to industrial research and management experience preferred.
- Support data collections across various studies – preparations of collection space and supplies, use of biomechanical tools, clean-up of space and equipment, etc.
- Engage with research participants throughout data collections, making them feel welcome, answering questions and guiding them through the collection
- Engage with researchers to understand study details and logistics
- Experience with biomechanics research tools
- Familiarity with human data collection and/or clinical care
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience working with a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative in performing tasks independently
- B.A. or higher in Biomechanics or related field