Job descriptionRetail Director
Our client is seeking an energetic and creative North American Retail Director to join their dynamic team as they revitalize The brand in the US Market. The candidate will oversee a team of area (3) and operations managers (2) and be responsible for delivering sales and margin goals for the North American retail distribution. The Retail Director will report to and work closely with the NA CEO to chart a revitalized growth plan across the US, Canada and Mexico.
Retail Director Roles and Responsibilities:
- Define and implement process for reducing concession returns. Oversee implementation of business plans working closely with store teams and corporate partners.
- Develop protocol for product and selling training to be cascaded throughout retail network. Supervise, coordinate and manage all store operations. With the support of Retail Operations Manager, ensuring each location follows all policy and procedures, along with maintaining an outstanding customer experience in store.
- Client Development and Service Leverage new CRM tools to empower sales associate to create meaningful and lucrative relationships with their customer network. Coach network to adopt and embrace CRM capture and outreach targets. Create management protocol to ensure tools are utilized.
- Standardize empathetic selling ceremonies and client outreach standards in order to make
- Inform buying decisions to optimize inventory investment. Business Development Build market position by developing close business relationships with concession partners, local business partners and landlords.
- Constantly monitor concession corner networks to improve adjacencies and shop locations. Build infrastructure to leverage top concession stylists and VIP sellers as “friends of TK.”
- Discover and explore business opportunities
- Manage roll-out of new vendor POS system across network of concession corners. Fiscal Performance Management Ownership of store P&L and sales forecasting.
- Leadership & Talent Management Set strategic objectives and vision to develop a network of resourceful, trustworthy and empathetic managers that people aspire to work for.
- Identify, coach and develop store talent; build appropriate succession plans.
- Experience 6+ years of retail leadership experience with a keen financial and strategic understanding of business in a multi store environment.
- Strong retail business and quantitative acumen. Must be agile, able to multitask and work backwards to solve complex problems.
- Willing to travel at least 40% of year for store visits, training and shop management.