Job descriptionOur client is beauty wellness brand for women, by women! They are seeking someone in the OC area who has current Wholesale Sales experience in the beauty space. This is NOT a retail sales job and you must live in SoCal!
Director of Sales
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Director of Sales to drive B2B revenues for our world-renowned beauty wellness brand. We are experiencing exponential growth. We need someone to manage our existing network of domestic and international B2B customers and to seek out and qualify new B2B partners. The Director of Sales MUST have a strong track record of selling within the beauty, wellness, healthcare, or related CPG space, both domestically and internationally.
What You'll Do:
• Develop and implement sales strategies and drive revenue growth across three B2B channels:
• Domestic Retail (ULTA, Bed Bath and Beyond, Costco, CVS, Sephora and more that you bring on!)
• International Retail (Beauty Bay, Purish, Harrod’s, and more that you bring on!)
• International Distributors (large CPG distributors in Asia , the Middle East, and beyond!)
• Evaluate and convert qualified leads into wholesale or distribution partners.
• Work closely with the management team to identify and improve sales related KPIs and prepare monthly sales forecasts
• Educate prospective B2B customers on new product offerings and provide support where needed
• Have monthly touch base calls with existing customer base/servicing them regularly
• Initiate/maintain vendor account setup
• Create strategies for sell in and on-going strategies for sell-through
• Identify new business development opportunities – domestic and international
• Work with Sr. managers and retail partners to strategize on new product launches to achieve sales objectives, build brand awareness and maximize long lasting sales impact.
• Be the single point of contact and liaison for domestic and international B2B customers, building relationships with internal decision makers and buyers
• Grow the retail arm of the business, from maximizing the potential of current accounts and pitching and winning new accounts
• Analyze market competition & retailers’ information and make recommendations to management
• Analyze sales by customer and provide insights to the team that inform and inspire new ideas.
• Partner with Marketing, Operations, and Product Develop to develop winning strategies for retail partners that increases profitably and elevates the brand presence, while working within a budget
• Execute new product launches within specified timelines and according to brand expectations
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Analytical, well-organized, and comfortable making data-driven decisions
• Strong understanding of navigating through retail go-to-market strategies, marketing initiatives, merchandising and planograms fundamentals, retail financials, etc.
• Strong prioritization skills with the ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously within time constraints.
• Customer facing experience – experience presenting to a buyer
• Experience with goal setting, forecasting, and presenting results to senior management
• Clear understanding of how domestic and international retailers’ function
• Strong sales and customer service track record with a passion, energy, and love of the beauty/wellness industry
• Adept at problem solving and ability to manage change in a positive manner
• Strong attention to detail while simultaneously being capable of seeing the ‘whole picture’
• Strong negotiation and presentation skills – comfortable leading meetings
• CPG experience required; beauty/wellness experience a must!
• Experience managing domestic big box retailers, preferable in the beauty/wellness space
• Experience working with International CPG distributors, preferably in the beauty/wellness space
• Thrives in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
• Microsoft office proficient
• College degree preferred, but not required
• 3+ years of sales leadership experience
• 5+ years of experience in sales (domestic and international)