Job descriptionAccount Executive
Location: Oakland, CA (SF may be a possibility)
Salary: $65-80K + bonus
Hybrid: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday in office
Ad agency experience is required. Ideally you have worked on multi-cultural and or automotive accounts. Be sure to highlight that experience on your resume if you have it!
The Account Manager plays a key role as the ay-to-day agency rep for the client. The Account Manager is responsible for full immersion into the client’s business, products, consumers, and competition and identifying the bigger opportunities. You will reporting to the Account Director, and be responsible for ensuring that quality work is delivered to clients, on time and on budget and represents the highest level of quality work.
- Provide strategic leadership to guide the Client’s marketing and advertising directions.
- Understand the elements of a strategic marketing plan and be able to actively participate in its generation and implementation.
- Possess and demonstrate knowledge – and passion - of the client’s business and industry to direct their marketing and advertising plans. Leverages knowledge to anticipate strategic and project changes, and shifts in workflow priorities as needed.
- Write project briefs in line with Client objectives by identifying the key project outcomes and soliciting client feedback and gaining approval prior to the job opening meeting.
- Works closely with the Strategy Planner to develop the creative brief in line with Client objectives by identifying the key project outcomes and soliciting client feedback and gaining approval with the client.
- Understands the dynamic nature of the development of advertising campaigns and can supervise/lead clients in accordance with their companies’ objectives and budgets.
- Provide strategic input to creative ideas relative to strategy and client’s goals.
- Collaborate and consult with the Media and Creative departments to develop the agency’s recommendation for the advertising mix and creative approach to be taken on any given campaign.
- Report status to other team members by evaluating and communicating within the agency all pertinent information provided by the client and outside sources; prepare meeting conference reports and status reports/updates, which are viewed internally as well as externally for Clients.
- Conduct regular meetings with the account team and relevant members of other services to discuss client problems, opportunities, and work in progress.
- Get ahead of clients' needs
- Lead and manage the scheduling and flow of work; work closely with traffic and/or project managers as needed.
- 3-5 years of ad agency experience is a must
- Solid knowledge/experience in multicultural marketing and advertising and specifically of African American consumers and audiences.
- Experience with communications and marketing; automotive experience preferred
- Ability to foster strong, cohesive working interdisciplinary teams.
- Aptitude to define solutions that will generate measurable results for the client.
- Minimum education is a 4-year bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with full 360-degree campaigns