Job descriptionWe are working on a new full-time, salaried opportunity with a iconic brand in the uniform garment industry. We are looking for a Senior Accountant for a new full-time, hybrid opportunity. Let me know if this is something you might be interested in- if so, please send a tailored resume along.
Location: Hybrid in Scottsdale, AZ or Memphis, TN or St Louis, MS or Montreal, Canada
Ideal Candidate: Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required. 3-5 years of general ledger accounting experience is preferred. US GAAP knowledge is required. ERP system knowledge is required, preferably Microsoft AX. Advanced excel skills, including Vlookups and Pivot tables. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for providing accounting support to the Accounting Manager. This person will record daily and monthly transactional activity while adhering to GAAP and the client's accounting policies that includes record preparation, research, and reporting related to, but not limited to, general ledger activities, month-end closing activities, reconciliation of accounts as directed, financial-related reports, schedules, and audits.
Responsibilities/ Job Duties:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual general ledger account reconciliations for all types of accounts, including accruals, prepaids, fixed assets and intangibles, to ensure accurate reporting and general ledger reliability.
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Manage the vendor payment process and collaborate with the planning and sourcing team to resolve issues with global vendors.
- Assist with the annual external audit.
- Work with AR, AP, and other departments as needed to resolve issues.
- Improve accounting systems by creating useful suggestions and reports to management.
- Sees possibilities not challenges.
- Judicious in conduct and speech.
- Focused on outcomes not self.
- Roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
- Cooperates and collaborates openly with others.
- Capable of being depended upon.
- Unquestioned personal and business integrity.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PROFILE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required.
- 3-5 years of general ledger accounting experience is preferred.
- US GAAP knowledge is required.
- ERP system knowledge is required, preferably Microsoft AX.
- Advanced excel skills, including Vlookups and Pivot tables.
- Confident working independently and using initiative to guide through challenges.
- Team Player – able to assist members of the team with questions.