Job descriptionLong Island based role – 5 days a week in office.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for supporting the organization's financial operations; this includes cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, accruals, prepaids and fixed assets. You will provide support for month end closing, financial reporting, and audits as well as other projects.
Position Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Support accounting functions including collections, vendor bill management, account reconciliations, commissions, accruals and schedules and other journal entries.
- Work closely with accounts receivable function, monitoring cash collections, deductions and overdue amounts.
- Support expense management including accurate booking of accruals and prepaids; support vendor payment process.
- Review and monitor sales and inventory; work with related departments to analyze and report inventory, cost of sales, and gross margin.
- Support cash flow forecasting.
- Support bank covenant calculations and reporting.
- Prepare detailed analytics and all aspects of the business, including product, channel, and lines of business, in conjunction with Sales and Operations.
- Support reporting of business metrics, KPIs, and internal reporting for Senior Management.
- Support gross margin analysis and inventory costing applications.
- Support sales tax filings.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Proficient with financial and reporting systems including Sage 300.
- Attention to detail.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills; able to recognize and support organization's priorities.
- Results-oriented with the ability to perform multifaceted projects in conjunction with everyday activities.
- Ability to work under pressure on tight deadlines in a demanding environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration.
- 4+ years of proven and relevant experience that includes major retailers.