• Work directly with the product development team daily in setting up and managing product costing templates, checking formulas and data fields for completeness and accuracy.
• Work closely with the logistics department to verify import duty, freight, and tariff rates in costing templates.
• Work closely with vendors, PD and merchandising team on product costing.
• Provide support in identifying opportunities of cost saving through product reengineering, cost standardization, building up costing library.
• Follow up with vendors on system updates and cost data maintenances.
• Responsible for updating standards and tools that make sure transparent, fact-based costing with factories.
• Able to provide the best cost through standardization, benchmarking, product reengineering.
• Supporting in creating factory level/country level cost competitive matrix.
• Support the continuous improve for internal and external processes and procedures.
• Conduct import entry reviews for all shipments and ensure entry corrections to resolution.
• Engage with customs brokers, and 3PL vendors.
• Provide support with tariff engineering or sourcing options to minimize import duties applicable.
• Support team with researching and providing guidance on HTS classification, duty rates, country of origin, valuation, FTA Analysis, and other critical import trade compliance functions.
• HTS classification experience preferred. Maintaining HTS classification data integrity in ERP.
• 5-10 years of experience in costing, preferably in the apparel manufacturing industry, with a strong background and understanding of the process in overseas sourcing & manufacturing.
• Experience dealing with trade and customs matters with a concentration in tariff classification, rules of origin, customs valuation, and duty drawback preferred.
• Strong analytical/investigative skills and proven work ethic with desire to do more than is expected.
• Ability to research, analyze complex regulations/laws and provide solutions to ensure the import compliance program supports business objectives.
• Ability to work in a self-directed environment with excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving ability, who can assist with minimal guidance.
• Strong time management and problem-solving skills; proven success in meeting deadlines.
• Excellent in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
• Degree in Finance, Accounting or Merchandising, Business, or related field preferred