Senior Designer - brand focusedYou and your role
As a passionate and motivated Senior Designer, you’ll have the opportunity to support your Creative Directors, Design Directors and the wider team across a broad range of clients and projects. It’s likely you’ll work on several projects at once, so you’ll naturally relish variety, be a great multi-tasker and a guardian for the quality and high standard of our work.
At times, you’ll be leading and managing your own projects, and following the creative vision and direction set by your Creative and Design Directors. So you’ll be an expert at working independently and meeting deadlines, both in time and on budget.
You’ll need to demonstrate exceptional creativity and craft with a hunger to learn and the drive to grow. As someone with a self-starter attitude, you’ll be a naturally curious and hands-on creative – bringing new ideas, techniques and trends to the table – continuing to set the bar higher for all we do.
As a senior member of the creative team, we’ll look to you to be a confident and pro-active leader as well as a collaborative team player. Adapting to an agile environment, working in integrated teams across disciplines as well as collaborating with clients in blended teams.
You should be someone who motivates, inspires and guides the vision of the design team, mentoring and training less-experienced members. As an exceptional communicator, you’ll be confident in not only directing your team but also listening to the opinions of others and drawing strength from different perspectives. And of course, you’ll be a passionate presenter – especially to clients – selling the vision, championing innovation and building trust with every piece of work and interaction.
What we expect from a senior brand designer...
- Display a strong understanding of current branding trends, both offline and online
- Create comprehensive audit and analysis of competitor brands, and clearly document and present the findings and opportunities to the team
- Collaborate with senior members of the creative team to help deliver creative territories and design concepts that align to the brand strategy
- Demonstrate experience in creating and developing brand assets, guiding principles, best practice communications and templates – all stress-tested across the relevant channels
- Be responsible for the creation, direction and delivery of rigorous brand guidelines, brand toolkits, online design systems and pattern libraries
- Support the DD and or CD in brand training and immersions, as well as optimising the brand going forward through appropriate brand management tools and techniques
- Be experienced in briefing, overseeing and directing on-brand illustration, photography, animation and film
- Collaborate with the DD and or CD in recommending and meeting third party suppliers and partners on a regular basis and adding them to our Black Book, e.g. technology and innovation partners, editors and animators, photographers, illustrators and typographers
Leadership and management
- Follow and successfully interpret direction and feedback from your Creative Director (CD), Design Director (DD), project team and clients
- Give creative direction and advice, offering constructive feedback where necessary, especially to less experienced members of the project and wider team
- Be a present and positive addition to the collaborative culture within the agency – initiating collaboration with other departments and disciplines
- Immerse yourself in the running of events and initiatives that inspire our teams and peers (e.g. show and tells, sharing knowledge, external events and design conferences)
- Be an exemplar of great communication – anticipating challenges, exploring better ways of working and broadening your knowledge and understanding of different processes
- Lead, run and manage small to medium size projects
- Mentor and guide junior members of the team, sharing your knowledge and expertise to help develop the skills of the whole creative team
- Be a master of design – demonstrating exceptional creativity and quality craft with an unwavering eye for detail
- Show an impressive conceptual outlook, thinking both literally and laterally to produce original and transformative ideas, push creative boundaries and challenge the status-quo
- Be a hands-on and motivated creative, executing every project to the highest standard
- Demonstrate a strong understanding and ability to create, develop and deliver brands that live and breathe through different applications, channels and customer touchpoints (digital, social, print, campaign, radio and voice etc.)
- Stay ahead of the curve, keeping an eye on trends, innovations and emergent technologies to help us deliver industry-leading, brand-driven digital experiences
- Contribute to and be the design lead on new business pitches and client projects
- Interpret, develop and evolve conceptual ideas and or territories in line with the creative brief, clients’ objectives and the creative vision set by the CD and DD throughout a project
- Be a key team player through all project phases, from concept through to the final handover of files and guidelines (brand and or digital)
- Champion collaboration across disciplines (Production, UX, Strategy, Copy, Tech and Client Services) as part of an integrated team to create and deliver outstanding creative solutions for our clients’ customers
- Confidently deliver a clear, compelling narrative for the thinking behind your creative ideas and solutions, demonstrating considered and objective opinions about your own work and that of others
- Show excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate confidence, personality and flair when presenting to colleagues and clients – supported by your DD, CD or Executive Creative Director (ECD)
- Work should always be reviewed, approved and signed-off by the senior creatives (CD and DD) before sharing it with the client
- Demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills
- Contribute accurately into timing estimates and proposals where appropriate
- Communicate clearly and regularly with the Delivery and Client Services teams throughout a project – providing clear progress and status updates to mitigate risks or delays for the design team
- Recognise and implement the practice of delivering ideas and concepts efficiently and effectively – drawing on the strength of tried-and-tested techniques and approaches when appropriate
- Understand and work to our ‘ways of working’ framework, approach and delivery processes
- Ensure utilisation targets are met and timesheets are accurate and completed on time