Job descriptionSenior Designer , Girl's Dresses
Client Overview: Our client is a children’s clothing brand focused on newborn through size 16.
Position Overview: As the Senior Designer, you will be responsible for growing the girl's dress division by utilizing your design savvy, technical experience, and understanding of the current market to design for their diverse clientele.
Senior Designer Responsibilities:
- Manage associate designer and Artists while working closely with the Director and Sales
- Design for variety of girls dresses, ranging from sizes new born-16, for various major retailers
- Responsible for the design process from concept through product execution while maintaining adherence to timelines
- Identify current trends in color, fabric, silhouette, print and pattern while ensuring product is consistent with brand identity
- Conduct competitive analysis and find white space to bring creative trend driven designs
- Collaborate with costing to ensure we're creating cost effective designs
- Review tech packs for sampling and production
- Approve lab dips, strikeoffs, fabric qualities and samples
Senior Designer Qualifications:
- Minimum 8+ years experience at an Associate or Designer level
- Must have experience in toddler / big girls / tween design
- Strong knowledge and understanding of apparel construction and fabrications
- Problem solving and shows initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design or Fine Arts
- Strong proficiency in Adobe CS
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong management skills and ability to thrive in a face paced environment
- Walmart experience is not required but a plus
This is a 5 day on-site position