Job descriptionThe Senior Digital Designer is responsible for setting the creative vision and helping to manage the execution on a range of omni-channel digital design work.
This includes designing responsive site content for multiple breakpoints, email marketing, display ads, and paid social posts. You are equally meticulous about brand presentation as you are about pixel perfect layout. You relish the opportunity to lead and mentor the design team while still wanting to immerse yourself in the work. And while your focus will be on site content production and digital marketing content, you bring the ability to help with photography pre-production as well as aiding the photo AD on location.
As a Senior Digital Designer you will work cross-functionally with various digital stakeholders to transform briefs into digital campaigns or website layouts.
Your experience and instincts will make you a point person for vetting out broad, undefined requests but your attention to detail will allow you to focus on efficiency in design and process.
You will know how to provide respectful and informed feedback and back it up with great work.
- Lead and produce graphic design and visual concepts for the Creative Department Assist in the concept and design of website as well as all digital marketing efforts including emails, display ads, social, and blog
- Provide art direction for all digital commerce content
- Elevate the digital brand design experience for the customer
- Create clear design solutions through refined use of typography, color, texture, space, and scale
- Seek innovative and new ways to tell design stories through use of imagery, typography, layout and digital functionalities
- Work with the copy team to help set voice/ tone in product storytelling
- Collaborate with the Creative, Web and Merchandising Teams to deliver on-brand digital assets and best-in-class experiences
- Define and create digital style guides and standards for all commerce-focused communication
- Provide direction and styling for product photography across all channels and applications
- Assist in photography pre-production needs and help the Photo AD with shoot day requirements
- Design decks which clearly convey Creative Team concepts
- Articulate and communicate your design ideas
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Creative Team including visual and copy
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or Web Design (or an equivalent combination of knowledge and experience).
- 5+ years of Graphic Design, brand design or ability to demonstrate these skills
- Advanced level of proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud programs, including but not limited to Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, InDesign and Acrobat.
- Invision is a plus
- Experience working in e-commerce based visual design, with an emphasis in mobile platforms.
- Experience concepting and designing motion graphics and video.
- Experience in Video Editing (Premiere) a plus
- Strong knowledge of digital UX best-practices and concepts
- Experience with retail brand website and email design
- Excellent creative thinking and visual skills, including use of photography and typograph
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong project management skills; ability to coordinate, communicate and adhere to detailed production schedules
- Experience leading and mentoring design team
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Strong ability to adapt to changing market condition
- Requires ability to effectively prioritize work to meet deadlines on an ongoing basis