Senior Manager, Creative Production
Our client is a leader in makeup, skincare, toiletries, and professional beauty products in North and South America and for sale throughout the world. Its products are sold through department stores and specialty outlets.
Senior Manager, Creative Production Overview:
The Senior Manager, Creative Production, is responsible for all creative projects related to physical touchpoints that are produced in the US Region and oversees the operations of the creative design and production. Manages concepting and execution of creative assets across physical and in-store touchpoints. Ownership in preparing, organizing projects through production. Plays a strong role in ensuring the brand visions and DNA is upheld through assets, graphics & visuals. This position brings innovation and creativity with a dedicated focus to the following areas: visuals for POS (lightboxes, duratrans, posters), Visual Merchandising, Gift With Purchase (GWP), event visuals, gift set packaging, training materials, all print-work, direct mail, and specialty items. This must be a highly creative individual with extremely strong understanding of both 2D and 3D, and exceptional executional skills. Must demonstrate an elevated sense of aesthetic in-line with luxury and prestige industries.
Senior Manager, Creative Production Responsibilities:
- Production coordination between Marketing, Digital Marketing, Visual Merchandising, outside agencies, photographers, printing vendors and Creative department.
- Oversee the management of the creative agency for print and in-store. Includes management of briefing, scheduling, and revision process to meet objectives and develop all elements leading to successful promotions/programs. Participate in internal and external omnichannel creative briefings. Attend bi-weekly creative and production meetings.
- Maintain network of creative personnel - art directors, graphic designers, photographers, models, stylists, hair stylists, makeup artists, printing vendors etc.
- Develop relationships with vendors that deliver creative excellence and enhance the value of our work.
- Own production process to ensure timely delivery and consistent brand execution is maintained.
- Act as project manager working with outside companies (agencies, vendors etc.) and various departments. Identify the scope of each project and take responsibility to ensure that all aspects of a project are completed according to plan, timeline and budget.
- Manage Seasonal Creative Calendar. Oversee the calendar and development of creative projects to guarantee timely completion of marketing materials. Coordinate the workflow and communication between all parties involved in the various stages of the planning, development and execution of the creative project.
- Take initiative to follow up with each party regarding their progress to ensure they are on track and able to meet their deadline. Be prepared to offer creative solutions, alternatives when problems arise.
- Build strong working relationships and instill trust with team members, cross-functional partners and outside vendors
- Responsible for all vendor communication including timing, quoting, and color approvals.
Essential Job Duties
- Create all print ready mechanicals related to production of various printed materials.
- Refine and pre-flight agency design asset and manage the production.
- Design select seasonal printed materials (posters, demo cards, mailers, press invitations, product brochures), including versioning of global HQ visuals.
- Set up OTC drug facts carts and mandatory information panels for packaging and insertions.
- Manage day-to-day production activities and projects as requested to meet business needs of in-house clients by following through approval of blueprints and color proofs.
- Initiate mechanicals into routing process. Track all mechanical circulations through to the final approval stage.
- Deliver color corrected and retouched images within given budget and timeframe by working with photographers, studios, illustrators, freelancers, and retouchers as necessary. Attending photoshoots required.
- Perform retouching, silhouetting, color-correcting and composing photos if necessary.
- Attend select press checks for enhanced print quality assurance.
- Create mock-up samples for creative review.
- Maintain corporate creative standards on all items produced for the company.
- Create proper backups on completed projects. Organize and maintain project and image libraries on a regular basis.
- Work closely with in-house clients on creative development of select printed materials.
- Track competitive print production trends and propose new ideas and materials for future implementation.
- Perform various other duties as necessary and as assigned by the supervisor in the course of executing the coordination of mechanical preparation.
- Prepare artwork for print production to be executed by retail partners or for PR needs.
Senior Manager, Creative Production Qualifications:
- Experienced in graphic design with strong typographic skills with emphasis in packaging design.
- Must have solid knowledge printing process. Must be able to pre-flight, collect, and archive materials.
- Mastery computer proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop. Basic Power Point, Excel, and Outlook skills.
- A team-oriented individual with strong interpersonal and creative skills.
- Knowledge of beauty industry, competitive marketplace and department/specialty store environment.
- A strong sense of urgency, ability to manage details and multiple projects while responding to changing priorities and feedback.
- Strong verbal and organizational skills.
- A BFA in graphic design and 5+ years of print production experience in cosmetics and skincare or related field is preferred.
- Ability to work under compressed timeframes alongside frequent changes; demonstrate excellent multitasking skills.