The Senior Manager will develop marketing strategies, define product sales goals, conduct market research, and develop advertising strategies to reach international customers. You focus on global trends in marketing and consumer markets to identify sales strategies. Initiates 3-5 year product launch calendar, new product innovations across categories and strong product and value promotional activity. Must have strong knowledge of US trade marketing with the ability to grow net sales and profitability. Manage budget and competitive analysis on a quarterly basis across NA and International regions. Overall responsible to drive launches from inception to conception.
Duties and responsibilities
• Collaborate with the SVP and Sr. Director to develop global brand strategies and make recommendations for the fiscal year including marketing objectives, identifying whitespace and brand tactics that are consistent with the company and licensor vision.
• Ensure development and timely execution of saleable, promotional, limited life, line extensions and flanker products as well as collateral programs for global launches.
• Work with Creative and outside agencies
• Oversee development of marketing project sheets and 3-5year brand calendars to provide clear direction on brand strategy and new product launches to International Marketing and Domestic Sales.
• Establish cost objectives for new items and feasibilities. Analyze cost of goods for all items (products, gift sets, promotional items, etc.) ensuring alignment with COG target.
• Prepare and deliver marketing presentations material for Sales, Licensor, Distributor and Retailer meetings.
• Partner with domestic sales administration, international and forecast teams to ensure accurate quantities are in the system.
• Manage budget and competitive quarterly analysis thus advising overall retail outlook.
• Collaborate with outside labs/vendors
• Position requires 7+ years in global marketing, brand development, trade marketing, fragrance development or related experience.
• Must possess an entrepreneurial spirit. A self-motivator that is flexible, proactive, determined and reacts effectively to change in a fast-paced environment.
• Project management skills
• Team player
• Attention to detail
• Strong communication skills
• Home fragrance expertise required
• Strong understanding of US retail landscape required. International experience or understanding of foreign markets a plus
• Analytical with financial acumen and PC proficient; Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.