OUR CLIENT IS A FAST GROWING COLOR COSMETIC MASS MARKET BRAND! THEY ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE BASED IN LA TO MANAGE THEIR RETAIL PARTNERS AND GROW NEW WHOLESALE BUSINESS!
The Sr. Manager of Retailer Sales will be responsible for nurturing strategic partnerships with our retail partners as well as identifying new commercial opportunities, negotiating best in class reciprocal retailer support and thinking limitlessly to bring the brand’ magic to life in store and online. You will have proven experience working as an independent leader of Sales. You will be highly numerate, target-driven, commercially savvy, keen to find creative solutions to challenges and passionate about working in the beauty industry.
• Establish and maintain amazing relationships at all levels within the designated accounts, including Buying/Trading, Merchandising, and Marketing, to ensure that the brand is positioned to deliver more than its due share of voice, visibility and exposure
• Conduct successful commercial negotiations on terms, pricing, distribution, space and location, in-store visibility, and support with Buying and Merchandising teams Driving Performance (Retail, Net and Profit)
• Ensure a top-line and detailed understanding of retail context, category and individual store performance to identify retail opportunities and strategic needs
• Develop and implement a sales action plan to achieve comp door sales growth in key retailer including Sephora & Ulta in order to maximize sales productivity and profitability.
• Retain agility to react to retail trends and be proactive in maximizing opportunities across retailers
• Monitor & analyze retail sales by territory, by door, weekly, monthly and quarterly; inform, celebrate and coach team based on analysis in order to optimize net sales performance, to achieve revenue targets
• Ensure accurate forecasting for NPD and core lines, and proactive inventory and assortment management, with close collaboration with
Marketing, Sales Operations and Supply Chain
• Identify opportunities to sell in additional revenue
• Partner with Supply Chain to confirm POs have been received and processed
• Analyze and communicate all stock concerns to appropriate retail personnel/internal ops team to ensure appropriate stock levels to optimize turn
• Own all net sales forecasting for defined retailers, meeting all financial deadlines and budget submissions, flagging risks and opportunities in a timely and quantified manner
• Manage each account P&L, balancing investment with top-line opportunity; monitor retailer profit contribution and achieve agreed profit
• Provide weekly account business recaps and monthly reporting that details sell-thru by SKU, ranking, productivity, stock & sales and competitive analysis
• Initiate weekly conference calls with merchant team and monthly meetings to review all business opportunities Cross-Functional Working
• Build strong working relationships with the entire team, leveraging experience and perspective across functions
• Work in lock step with VP of ECOM to build plans that successfully drive the global business revenue targets. Work to offset each other’s function of strength, weakness, threat and opportunity
• Work closely with Operational Marketing, Visual Merchandising, PR, and Store Design to create and deliver an annual plan for each retailer covering: activation of key launches and marketing moments, eventing, store/retailer animation, considering both customer acquisition and retention.
• Responsible for reviewing product assortment & sales to maximize door productivity in partnership with marketing and product development
• Work with visual merchandising to ensure all updates are executed in a timely manner and communicated to merchant team for retailer approval
• For new and existing distribution, build a bespoke plan to launch build and sustain ranking
• Align trading plans with team to ensure a consistent and phased plan across all retailers within the region, avoiding unnecessary conflicts of activity
• Communicate and manage all stock concerns to Operations Manager and retail contacts, and ensure appropriate stock levels to support retail sales plan.
• Ability to lead teams, whether through formal reporting lines or cross functional.
• Ability to drive strategy forward across functional lines to support business growth
• Develop junior team members to build out sales function as revenue grows
• Ability to create a vision for the 3-5 year plan-through distribution, reach, awareness, productivity and performance
• Excellent relationships with retailers required
• 6+ years experience working in Beauty with Key retailers such as Target, Sephora, Ulta. 2+ years on the corporate side!! MUST
• IT Skills- Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint at advanced level
• Communication skills - Lead the presentation of project updates or account reviews. Ensure all communications are concise, clear and convincing. Personable and approachable; able to build rapport quickly
• Business Acumen - See the bigger business issues for both the retailer and for the brand side. Be able to formulate a strong account strategy and align to retailer priorities. Quantify the business plan and be aware of impact across other accounts and on other teams. Strong analytical ability, with attention to detail and organization.
• Results Oriented - Be proactive. Have a “can do” attitude, with limitless thinking for opportunity. Comfortable working in a fast pace