SEO Content Manager
Our client is looking for a SEO Content Manager who will manage the SEO focused content creation process for web properties. The role will own SEO content research and facilitate the collaboration with writing teams distributed across various business units.
The ideal candidate will have strong digital marketing and project management skills, experience with developing Content Strategies and SEO Campaigns to drive non-brand SEO traffic.
You will have hands-on experience working with SEO tools, and researching competitive landscapes through the lens of SEO. This role will be highly cross functional and engage with various business units, Analytics, UX, Creative Services, Web Production, Marketing Technology, and QA teams. You will also work with external agencies who are part of the larger team.
This role will require you to develop and innovate content strategies, and drive collaborative SEO content writing, analysis and publishing. You will partner with cross-functional teams to execute best practices and new initiatives, and provide customer growth across the entire business.
One of your main responsibilities will also be to perform keyword research and mapping.
• Developing and executing successful SEO content strategies (written text, video, infographics, images, and assets like pdf’s etc.)
• Optimizing existing content libraries, and identifying gaps in content strategy
• Planning content creation campaigns w/ stakeholders to provide a SEO strategy
• Communicate SEO performance and initiative status to stakeholders in business reviews
• Ability to perform competitor content strategy analysis
• Negotiating backlinks and promotion of useful content across the web
• Staying ahead of the trends, strategies and tactics within SEO and digital marketing
• Optimizing copy and landing pages for SEO opportunity
• Monitoring websites and user analysis
• Managing general digital marketing projects
• Performing and managing ongoing keyword discovery, expansion, and optimization
• 3+ years of experience in content creation (articles, product pages, blog posts, etc.)
• Previous experience as an SEO Content Manager or SEO content writer, or a closely related role
• Deep knowledge of Analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Google Search Console
• Familiarity with SEO platforms such as SearchMetrics, SEMRush, Brightedge or Conductor
• Strong analytical ability and attention to detail and high quality output
• Project management experience
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to motivate other cross-functional teams, who share responsibility of project outcomes
• Analytical and data-driven work style
• Ability to respond positively to peer and customer feedback
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (verbally and in writing)
• Background in journalism or digital content is a plus
• Familiarity with Google Workspace productivity tools. (Sheets, Docs, Slides etc.)