Job descriptionGROWING PRESTIGE SKINCARE COMPANY SEEKING STRONG PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER IN LOS ANGELES!
They are seeking a Product Development Manager with Current skincare/beauty experience to lead all aspects of product development and drive innovation for the organization. You will work directly with upper management in all departments to develop the brand’s product strategy and will be responsible for product launches from concept through go-to-market execution.
The right candidate for this role is an entrepreneur at heart who thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment and possess a proven track record of helping to launch and/or scale businesses from the ground up.
• Partner with CEO/Founder and marketing to develop rolling 3-year innovation pipeline, identify new product concepts and drive innovation
• Create and manage product briefs for new products
• Responsible for conducting competitive analysis and researching new ingredients, textures, products, and packaging
• Identify new formulators/contract manufacturers
• Interact directly with contract manufacturers and formulators to brief them, track formula development process, and drive progress from ideation to approval
• Ensure formula approvals are achieved on time with launch targets considered. • Evaluate formula submissions, provide feedback and re-directs, and select submissions to be presented back to key stakeholders
• Create product profiles defining product features, benefits, claims, and key ingredients
• Work with Marketing and PR to develop storytelling for products
• Manage clinical testing requirements for key product launches
• Ensure that all formulas are developed for compliance within US, CA, UK, EU and AU/NZ
• Attend industry events, trade shows, and supplier meetings to stay abreast of current trends and technologies
• Bring innovation, ideas and new ingredients to the forefront of the product ideation process, keeping the Founder’s formulation philosophy in mind.
• BA/BS required
• Minimum 5 years of experience in product development in the skincare industry and CURRENT
• Detail oriented, diligent, data-obsessed
• Experience working with contract manufacturers, briefs, and formula evaluation
• Experience working at a founder-led brand is a must
• Experience working within the Sephora environment is a plus
• Must have a strong understanding of chemistry as it pertains to skincare ingredients
• Outstanding project management skills
• Demonstrated history of meeting formula approval deadlines
• Regulatory and clinical testing knowledge is required