Job descriptionSocial Media Content Creator
Location: NJ to start and then moving to Manhattan
This role will report directly to our Director of Integrated Marketing and Communications with a dotted line into our Creative Director, and will be responsible for collaborating with internal our Marketing and Digital team members, in addition to external agency partners, on the day-to-day management of our owned social media handles.
Key responsibilities include:
• Day-to-day development of engaging content (written, video, and photo) for use across owned and operated social media platforms (TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.), in addition to adapting and translating content, where relevant, for use across digital commerce platforms (Amazon A+ content, Stylized Product Imagery for use on dot com)
• Using social listening, data, and insights to inform and refine your creative process, constantly optimizing for results.
• Turning trending ideas into shippable output, and delivering on-point, effective videos, graphics and other relevant social assets that are social/digital-first and highly consumable.
• Working with the larger creative org to supplement integrated marketing campaigns from the social and digital commerce side, and iterating on social video as needed to support paid digital and social.
• Attending relevant brand events and shoots to capture, produce, and post real-time social media content.
• Maintaining a unified brand look and feel across social and eComm channels and various brand handles.
• Owning the development of monthly content calendars designed to increase audiences and drive product awareness. Work with Communications, Marketing, Digital, and Creative Teams to strategize ongoing content themes to foster and grow the social presence of our brands.
• Influence the way we show up across social media channels, from Instagram Posts, Stories, and Reels, to spearheading trial of different content strategies on ever-evolving social media platforms like TikTok.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools
• Deep understanding of how CPG brands creatively show up across digital commerce platforms
• Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML
• Excellent social listening skills
• Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital content and social media space
• Strong copywriting and copy-editing skills
• Top-notch oral and verbal communication skills
• Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask
• Detail-oriented approach with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, graphic design, or a related field
• 2-4 years experience with B2C social media marketing or content development (in-house or agency)
• Direct experience using social media management tools (Hootsuite, Sprinklr)
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro) or equivalent digital media editing tools
• Relevant CPG experience strongly preferred, especially within confections/snack foods