Job descriptionOur client, a major streaming platform is looking for a Social Media Manager Lead to join their team!
Full time hours
3 month assignment, quarterly extensions possible
Hybrid in Culver City
Rate: $75-$95/hr DOE
You are an extraordinary leader who is highly plugged into the internet and popular culture. You keep your finger on the pulse of conversation across entertainment, pop culture and brands. You know what it means to listen, participate, and spark thoughtful discussions with fans. You are a seasoned storyteller and creative visionary with a cutting edge understanding of internet, memes, and zeitgeist content — who can also demonstrate real ROI. As an insights-led lead, the ideal candidate for this role has a keen interest in sci-Fi and dramas, with the ability to scale strategies for international audiences and themes.
- Responsible for identifying and communicating social goals, plans and creative direction to a cross-functional title team.
- Manages series and multi-title social campaign strategy inclusive of: audience targeting, editorial planning, and social creative development across paid/owned/earned distribution for both internal and external partners
- Ensures brand consistency in marketing, messaging, and creative across lines of business
- Uses social analytics tools to inform strategy and iterate on creative — monitoring competitor activity and ensuring brand safety.
- Develops core insights and reports based off key KPIs and success metrics
- Works with marketing teams across the business to educate and integrate social media into all relevant marketing efforts.
- Providing training, guidance to the individual lines of business to ensure a common language is established for social success.
- Works cross functionally with the Events Team, PR, Talent Relations, Ecosystem, and Partnerships to craft marketing and distribution strategies for cultural social activations
- Leading communication with international marketing leads on social marketing strategy and best practices
- Working with Marketing and Communications, Privacy, and Legal teams to ensure alignment with company-wide best practices and policies.
- 10+ years working on broad, multi-platform marketing campaigns and delivering world-class campaigns with big impact (reach and engagement)
- Experience working within the Entertainment industry and/or highly consumer-centric brands with success in the social space
- Fluent in Social Media best practices.
- You know what works across various social platforms and experience in multichannel distribution efforts
- 10+ years of social media and campaign management, publishing, writing and content creation required (brand or agency).
- Excellent communicator, strategist and creative
- Highly driven self-starter who is proactive, has a good sense of prioritization and ability to move large amounts of work in a fast-paced environment.
- Pioneering Spirit and highly collaborative - loves working with others and isn’t afraid to lead or follow or to take smart risks and judgement calls to push high impact work forward.
- Experience working directly with talent and creators and is skilled in pitching, presenting, and reading the room.
- Heavy experience leveraging social analytics to derive data driven insights to create innovative and relevant content
- Scrappy self starter that is well-seasoned in utilizing publishing tools, social listening programs, and owned creation/production apps
- Excellent networker with the ability to build strong relationships cross functionally across a highly matrixed organization.
- Thrives in a changing environment