Software Development Manager
This position is responsible for the Build platform, its projects, and resources, and works closely with the System Architect and Software Development Manager for the Run platform. Together they deliver on the company’s application road map to develop and support new products and services for our healthcare ecosystem platform.
This Software Development Manager role will collaborate with internal and external business partners to understand their business drivers and requirements for technology solutions. They will manage and mentor a team of software developers, working with them to ensure high-quality applications are delivered on time and on budget. These applications will be thoroughly documented to facilitate efficient Run operations that maintain and support them.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures application project completion that meets business, quality, budget, and timeline requirements.
- Ability to context switch between projects as requirements and timelines evolve, while balancing strategic and tactical assignments as appropriate.
- Keeps up with modern techniques and changing technologies, applying these learnings to application projects.
- Works to build and update custom applications following best practices and guidelines for coding, performance, and security.
- Provides leadership, training, and guidance to application team members.
- Develops team member’s annual performance goals and performs corresponding performance appraisals.
- Conducts and participates in meetings with team members (including 1-on-1’s and daily stand ups).
- Completes required management tasks which includes (but is not limited to) HR related training modules and approval of time off requests.
- Maintains compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education and/or Work Experience Responsibilities:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- 5+ years software engineering experience required.
- 2+ years experience leading a software development team required.
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. Bitbucket, Git) required.
- Experience with project management systems (e.g. Jira) required.
- Ability to iterate on solutions towards evolving business requirements.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to “break down” the big picture into deliverable tasks.
- Familiarity with modern web development concepts and techniques desired.
- Experience working with healthcare systems is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to coordinate a team to carry out assignments to completion adhering to prescribed routines and standard accepted practices.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standard.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20 pounds.
- Must be able to listen and speak clearly on the telephone.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time working in front of a computer screen.