This position is a great one for new graduates with strong coding skills or developers with up to two years of professional experience.
Software Engineer (Backend)
A Candidate Must:
- Have an understanding of SOA architecture and how to leverage RESTful APIs.
- Have worked with relational databases and have a passing understanding of SQL.
- Worked using Java professionally.
- Have a working understanding of how containers work (Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, etc)
- Have worked with a build tool such as (Maven/Gradle, Bamboo, Jenkins, etc)
- The ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Have good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to work well in a collaborative agile environment.
- Be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
The Perfect Candidate Would:
- Have two years of professional Java development.
- Have experience working in cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure)
- Experience working in a TDD (Test Driven Development) environment
- Have some full stack experience, specifically in ReactJS
Experience and Education:
The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through various types of experiences, education and training and are typically obtained through a college degree or equivalent professional experience.
Some of the technologies we use:
Java 8, ReactJS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Kafka, Maven/Gradle, Bamboo, Jenkins, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Docker, Vault, Terraform.
What We Offer:
- Generous Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401k matching
- Flexible time off
- Volunteer time off
- Stock options
- 3 weeks paid parental leave on top of state paid family leave, including for adoption
- Monthly fitness allowance
- Monthly parking or transit allowance
- Life Insurance
- A real opportunity to make an impact at work and more!