Job descriptionSr. Copywriter
This Copywriter must have a passion for Storytelling. Responsible for brainstorming ideas, developing concepts and producing brand-specific messaging with minimal oversight. In addition to having a proven ability to create effective and innovative work, the Senior Copywriter must possess keen persuasion skills and understand that emotion is ultimately at the heart of all successful ideas, no matter the tactic.
This is a hybrid position.
Sr. Copywriter Responsibilities:
- Write effective copy aligned to brand strategy for a variety of audiences (i.e. financial, insurance, automotive, and more)
- Concept and craft creative pieces in a variety of mediums; including TV, online video, digital, print, OOH, social, activation, etc.
- Lead and assist team in creative execution, from initial concepts through production
- Interact regularly with creative partners and other agency departments for completion of assigned projects
- Incorporate feedback, comments and changes from internal and external teams while adhering to timelines and due dates
- Present work confidently to team members and clients
- Provide feedback and mentorship to junior writers and art directors
- Engage in new business presentations for potential clients
Sr. Copywriter Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Advertising, Film/TV, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of copywriting experience, preferably at a creative or digital agency
- Well-rounded portfolio demonstrating a strong understanding of client objectives and strategies
- Proofing/editing skills and a professional writer’s command of the English language. Asian language skills and/or cultural experience a big plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, work independently and be proactive, and work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to handle tight deadlines, rigorous editing, and refining copy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Drive, knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud a plus