Job descriptionOur client is a global phone electronics accessory brand, known for its innovative tech accessories and products widely utilized in the market today. The company has sold over 250 million products in 75 countries and is continually expanding its ecosystem of related products.
Senior Director of Merchandising Overview:
Our client is seeking a Senior Director of Merchandising that is well-versed on merchandising trends, with the keen ability to drive sales through various channels across multiple categories. As the Senior Director of Merchandising, you will play a key role in product styling, a crucial part of the business and product lifecycle. This role offers an exciting blend of creativity and business functionality, and ideal candidates will excel in self-expression and business-minded efficiencies to drive continued brand growth.
Senior Director of Merchandising Responsibilities:
- Work directly with sales, wholesale, and DTC, to understand key growth and priorities to translate into merchandising assortment and SKU plans.
- Align on global revenue target product priorities and objectives, and own retail pricing, costing, and margins.
- Lead development of channel-specific strategies and requirements across all key “style” categories, in partnership with key sales and marketing counterparts.
- Establish a specific merchandising calendar and assortment planning process.
- Join forces with marketing, licensing, and the design team on ideas, content, and merchandise, to execute new initiatives of weekly drops.
- Collaborate with licensing and marketing on priorities and opportunities, including bundles, promotions, and multi-category merchandising opportunities.
- Assist in the creation/management of merchandising, training, digital content support, and execution with large retailers and external stakeholders.
- Partner with sales and marketing gaining alignment, feedback, buy-in, and open communication on new product development initiatives.
- Manage product cost structure, reporting, and cost rationalization exercises – and collaborate with supply chain and supply planning teams on product sourcing strategy recommendations.
- Track product performance and communicate key learnings and developments to appropriate workflows for action.
Senior Director of Merchandising Qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree in business, marketing, merchandising, or a related field is required.
- Extensive experience in merchandising, around 8-10 years, with a proven track record of success and increasing responsibility.
- Previous experience in leadership roles within the merchandising or retail industry is crucial.
- A deep understanding of the specific industry in which the company operates, including market trends, customer preferences, and competitive landscape.
- Strong knowledge of retail merchandising strategies and principles, including product selection, pricing, assortment planning, and inventory management.
- Proficiency in data analysis and the ability to use merchandising analytics tools to make informed decisions and drive sales.
- Experience in setting departmental goals, budgets, and strategies.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to manage and mentor teams of merchandising professionals.
- Experience in negotiating and managing relationships with suppliers and vendors to secure favorable terms and pricing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams, present merchandising plans, and interact with senior executives.