Our client is an international design studio with offices in New York, Los Angeles and London. They specialize in designing high-end residential developments, 5-star luxury hotel branded residences, and commercial interiors. Their New York studio is seeking a talented Senior Interior Designer with a background in commercial development or high-end hospitality work to join a dynamic team in a fast-growing studio. The opportunity is to take ownership of a range of elegantly conceived projects at the highest level of design working closely with the Director of Interior Design and Co-founder.
Education and Experience: You must have a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), a BFA in Interior Design, BSc in Interior Design, a Bachelor of Architecture, or similar, with a minimum of 8+ years’ post-graduate experience.
Role Outline: The ideal candidate must have a combination of both interior design and architecture with FF&E and material knowledge including proven experience in residential developments or hospitality projects. Furthermore, you must be comfortable working autonomously and possess exceptional attention to detail. You will work closely with a team of skilled designers in LA and London and are expected to be ‘hands-on’ in your approach whilst using your initiative to complete tasks with a calm natured response.
• Working accurately to a written or verbal brief, outlining the deliverable on each phase and scope of work.
• Leading a team to complete all phases of a project from concept to completion
• Developing detailed designs through space plans, color elevations, sketches, and materials
• Producing as part of a team all phases of a project from concept to completion
• Produce, as part of a team, Interior Design Presentations
• Produce, as part of a team, cohesive design development packages including drawings, Schedules, and Specifications
• Coordinate with architects and outside consultants throughout all project phases
• Review architects drawings, shop drawings, and submittals to ensure design intent is achieved
• Maintaining and inspiring creativity
• Experienced in working in all phases of a project from concept to completion
• Needs to have diverse skill sets – Ability to design, prepare presentations, space plan, and put together a detailed drawing set
• Good knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, AutoCAD, SketchUp, .Bluebeam not essential but beneficial
• Comfortable developing interior concepts into a design presentation.
• Proven ability to pull together a cohesive drawing set and guide more junior designers through the process.
• Understanding of construction details and ability to review shop drawings and submittals
• Competent in producing material, plumbing fixtures, hardware, and lighting schedules
• Understanding of FF&E specifications
• Ability and desire to think both creatively and functionally to reach innovative design solutions.
• Strong communication skills both with internal team and outside consultants, clients, and vendors
• Understanding of basic US codes
• Self-motivated with the ability to manage time to meet deadlines
• Comfortable working independently as well as offering guidance to juniors
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Mature, responsible, and reliable
• Positive attitude, team player with a hands-on approach
• Private Medical Health Cover
• WFH Hybrid Policy
• Generous 15 days’ vacation in addition to usual Public Holidays
• 1 extra day vacation for employee’s birthday
• Additional paid vacation for days between Christmas and New Year Remuneration is dependent on experience We invite you to apply and look forward to reviewing your resume and portfolio.