Job descriptionSr. Merchant
Our client is is looking for a passionate Buyer/Product Merchant for their Watch category who will be responsible for identifying business opportunities through assortment analysis, market research, analyzing sales performance, competition, and trends. This Merchandiser will have the opportunity to work within a fast-paced environment and partner with many teams throughout the business, including Design, Product Development, Marketing, Planning, Visual Merchandising, and more.
Sr. Merchant Roles and Responsibilities:
- Own and manage merchandising responsibilities for specific product categories within the Watch division Drive strategic assortment decisions to maximize sales, deliver on KPIs, and bolster brand equity Understand the DNA building of the brand to develop seasonal stories that support strategic positioning Track and analyze sales, trends, and shifts in business Develop monthly, quarterly, and seasonal hindsights to inform seasonal assortment strategy
- Work with Design team on development of line, providing guidance on seasonal trends, attend Line in Preview meetings and update necessary changes in assortment sheets Partner with Product Development to ensure product category meets IMU targets, cost negotiations and calendar timelines Ensure planning teams are supporting key initiatives for the brands Work closely with regional teams to maximize business opportunities through key assortment strategies, product launches, sales trends and implementing marketing strategies.
- Ensure distribution strategy is cohesive with the brand direction Partner with teams throughout the business to develop and support assortment architectures to achieve financial, brand and distribution targets Present and train brand seasonal stories and marketing stories to sales teams, internal teams and retail accounts Work within PLM to include line plans and necessary product updates
- 5+ years’ established experience with a background in merchandising, buying, planning or brand management 4 year degree in related field is preferred Proven ability to network and quickly build strong relationships with cross-functional teams Understanding of key business metrics and data and how they connect to design
- Excellent communication and presentation skills Strong influencing and negotiation skills Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint Proficient in retail math A love for fashion and genuine enthusiasm for accessories is a must!