Our client is a fast growing health/wellness/CPG company that is looking for a new Supply Chain Director to join their team! This is an exciting opportunity to work with a high-growth consumer health startup that is rebranding a category and changing the paradigm of health for the modern era.
- Establishes performance metrics for measuring, comparing, or evaluating factors affecting the supply chain, production, and logistics.
- Develops and maintains detailed inventories of materials and supplies located in the company, at sites, and in the factory.
- Holds the required quantity of supplies and materials to optimize production.
- Analyzes current inventories and procedures; suggest improvements to increase the
- efficiency of the supply chain and profitability for the company.
- Develops policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality; implement subsequent changes to processes.
- Develop internal and external quality standards to ensure product quality and safely.
- Identifies optimal shipment and transportation routes with attention to consolidating warehousing and distribution.
- Negotiates prices for raw materials and delivery with suppliers and shipping companies.
- Participates as an advisory member of the product development team, providing information and guidance on the availability and cost of supplies and materials.
- Acts as part of the team coordinating engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launch to ensure timely and orderly material and production flow transitions.
- Monitors the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and qualifies new suppliers in collaboration with other departments.
- Assists chief operating officer with long-range operating goals, expansion efforts, and implementation of new and advanced technology.
- Oversee the production manager and logistic manager to plan and organize production and delivery schedules.
- Who You are:
- * Six years + of production and supply chain experience, preferably in CPG in the wellness and supplement industry.
- * Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Familiar with Shopify and have experience working with 3PL.
* Must have experience with Cin7 or other inventory management systems.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Equity opportunity
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Challenging, dynamic, and empathetic work environment
- Remote work
- The opportunity to be part of a high-growth, successful startup effecting meaningful
- change to the health of people and the planet