Sweater Designer- Freelance
Our client is a fashion house presenting the latest must-have collections for every trendsetter.
Sweater Designer Overview:
As the Sweater Designer, you will be responsible for researching inspiration, developing sweater and cut and sew design concepts, sketching ideas, creating technical packages, and overseeing samples.
Sweater Designer Responsibilities:
• Oversee research and inspiration to create a cohesive concept each season, review emerging trends and shapes, and research local markets
• Develop flats and sketches for all designs as part of a cohesive seasonal collection aligned with the brand’s overall aesthetic and vision
• Prepare all necessary components for design presentations, such as sketch boards, proto reviews, and production meeting preparation
• Collaborate with other Apparel Designers and various cross-functional teams and maintain strong business relationships with external partners
• Lead sample review sessions, provide recommendations, note feedback, and update sketches as necessary
Sweater Designer Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 4-7 years’ experience as an Apparel Designer specifically Sweaters
• Technical knowledge of fabrics, silhouettes, prints, colors, and trims, stitch and gauges
• Proficient with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
MUST be local to NY to be able to go into an office from time to time