Job descriptionAs our Technical Director, you are responsible for the execution and supervision of our camera set-ups, lighting, audiovisual, equipment, and technical production for our client. The technical director oversees all aspects of the filming, in coordination with the Head of Fitness Production, to ensure proper execution in pre- and post-production, and consistency throughout the process. The Technical Director must be able to successfully film a great story, with a deep understanding of editorial and production needs from development through final delivery of all assets.
• Responsible for the operational processes of our production studio headquartered in Los Angeles, CA.
• Manage and execute the moving image formats that supports our customers in their one to-one training. In addition, create infotainment formats that convey knowledge about fitness and bodybuilding in an entertaining way.
• Build a strong and sports-loving team to implement predefined training concepts and perform in front of the camera in an entertaining, appealing, and motivating way, with the support of freelancers for camera operations.
• Organize and coordinate the daily content production, as well as the subsequent post production and hand over the results of your work to the Digital Products team for upload to our online platform.
• Maintain a reliable system for providing technical support for our programs and film studio. Ensure all productions are distraction free and technically well-supported by various support roles.
• Recruit and train exceptional support roles to fulfill required positions within the production team.
• Review, evaluate, and ensure all processes run flawlessly concerning the technical level.
• Update and maintain all production technologies ensuring proper maintenance and installation.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in producing high quality audio or video programming, specifically in moving image production. Experience in shooting fitness or sports related productions. Affinity for bodybuilding and fitness would be nice.
• Experience leading productions, including remotely, in the field, and post-production.
• Detailed knowledge of video transmission displays and projection techniques.
• Must have exceptional time-management skills and be able to execute tasks and responsibilities in an ever-changing environment. Must be flexible and be able to deal with a bit uncertainty and manage problems as they arise.
• Strong project management stills, particularly focused on managing schedules, scope and cost trade-offs of projects.
• Must be a problem solver who is able to navigate new projects and assignments.
• Must be proactive and possess strong organization and prioritization skills.
• Must demonstrate excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in all various modes (verbal, written, text, etc.). Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
• Must be able to think ad execute when technical difficulties arise. Composure and ability to lead with confidence when faced with various challenges, malfunctions, and schedule changes.