Job descriptionOur client, a world leader in power generation, is looking to bring on a Technical Writer to join their team on a freelance basis for a 12+ month contract, in Westborough, MA.
Title: Technical Writer
Duration: 1 year contract
Schedule: OPEN TO REMOTE
This Technical Writer in this Life Sciences industry means being at the forefront of providing new solutions to transform human health. Our incredible customers undertake life-saving activities ranging from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, new medicines, and cell and gene therapies. You will be working on challenges that truly matter with people that care for each other, our customers, and their patients. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand the production’s work instruction requirements.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content.
- Review and/or copyedit content developed by other members of the team.
- Identifying opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of procedures and processes.
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration.
- 2-4 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer (Biopharmaceutical experience preferred)
- Technical Writing Certification or equivalent professional experience
- Experience working with the documentation system Veeva (preferred)
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics.
- Proven working experience in technical writing of engineering and manufacturing documentation
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent written skills in English
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office