Job description24 Seven is partnering up with their top global sportswear client to find a Testing Technician to join their team in this hybrid role. This is a 12 month contract, with potential to extend or turn into a full-time position. While on contract, you'd be eligible for benefits including medical, dental, vision, sick time, 401K and holiday pay.
As a Testing Technician, you will conduct testing, reporting and maintenance along with being part of our Accessories Innovation team. In this role you will collaborate with Engineering and Product Development colleagues to test products and concepts that will fuel business growth and competitive separation for the company. This role will draw on your mechanical testing (engineering a plus) and reporting knowledge to inform objective and analytical decision making for projects that span early ideation through final validation. You will conduct laboratory testing, data analytics, and athlete validation studies. This is not a desk job! This dynamic position provides the opportunity for mechanical testing and creative problem-solving across portfolios of Accessories product classifications.
The ideal candidate will have testing experience who can balance the physical and analytical demands of objective product evaluation across simultaneous projects in a fast-paced, ambiguous innovation environment.
• Passion for objective performance evaluation, advanced innovation, and product creation
• Practical knowledge and expertise in experimental data collection and statistical analyses
• Knowledge of mechanical design, experimental mechanics, and mechanical simulation
• Passion for synthesizing data to explain product and athlete performance
• Ability to compile reports that summarize test and simulation results
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presenting technical information to diverse audiences
• Strong analytical thinking with excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellent multi-tasking and organization skills in an ambiguous environment with multiple competing priorities
• An understanding of the product design and development process a plus
- No degree required – however must have testing and report writing experience
- BS Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, including 3+ years’ experience in mechanical design or engineering, or other similar function – strong plus
- 2+ years of industry experience in product engineering, quality management, or a testing environment
- Manufacturing knowledge spanning hardgoods and softgoods product types, including textiles, plastics, foams, and composites a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, or similar engineering field from an accredited university or combination of relevant education, experience, and training a plus
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to travel locally between headquarters and an off-site test lab