Our client, a leader int he beauty and Retail space, is looking for a Sr. UX designer to support within the eCommerce / Digital team. This critical role will play a key part in defining and shaping digital solutions by delivering user-centered designs in support of web, mobile web and mobile application experiences. To achieve these experiences this individual will collaborate with a cross-functional team, including creative design team, business stakeholders, development teams, consumer research and others. This role may also review work, coach and mentor other UXA resources.
UX DESIGNER RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Represents the voice of the customer, based on customer research, analytic data, user experience best practices, and eCommerce industry expertise.
• Captures and translates business requirements and user needs into innovative user experiences.
• Conducts brainstorm sessions and workshops for gathering UX insights and direction.
• Identifies project research needs and works with customer research team to prepare and execute research; or executes needed research for projects on their own.
• Analyzes research findings and refines design approaches based on research results.
• Conducts, analyses and clearly documents competitive analyses and heuristic evaluations.
• Gauges the usability of new and existing features, and make suggestions for change.
• Strategizes and collaborates with UX team, creative team, business stakeholders, and development teams to form user experience solutions.
• Has a deep knowledge on web and app user experience best practices and can clearly communicate and apply those practices to project work.
• Creates presentations, user flows, wireframe specifications, prototypes and other necessary documentation to communicate the recommended user experience to stakeholders and development teams.
• Participates in regular reviews with work partners (creative team, business stakeholders, and development teams) to share design direction and gather feedback.
• Demonstrated ability to interact comfortably with executives at highest levels of the company.
• Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur with little oversight.
• Effectively manages multiple projects varying in size and complexity.
• Prioritize time and tasks as needed to meet deadlines .
• Ability to lead projects without significant manager oversight.
• Review work, coach and mentor other UXA resources.
UX DESIGNER REQUIREMENTS:
- 3+ years experience in user interface design, information architecture, interaction design, human factors, and other related UX disciplines.
- BS/BA degree in design, technology, psychology, human factors or HCI is preferred.
- Experience creating user experiences for e-commerce businesses.
- Retail industry experience is preferred.
- Experience with native mobile apps (iOS and Android)-Not Required
- MUST have a strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g. wireframes, user flows, site maps, research, etc.).
- Experience creating wireframes and prototypes in Axure or similar tool.
- Experience with all stages of the software development lifecycle in both traditional, waterfall and agile.
- Demonstrated ability to interact comfortably with executives at highest levels of the company.
- Proven ability to diplomatically advocate for the user, communicate informed design rational and value.
- Ability to maintain rapport and effectively collaborate with key cross-functional partners, including product owners, creative designers, developers and business stakeholders.
- Outstanding communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills.
If interested in and qualified for the opportunity, please forward your portfolio and resume today!