Job descriptionUX /UI Designer Overview:
As a UX/UI designer, your primary responsibilities will include a range of design challenges from producing compelling digital assets to testing designs with users and rapid prototyping. You should come with a strong focus on user experience and upholding our brand. As the ideal candidate, you have design experience across a multitude of channels, excel in creative thinking/problem solving, and are a self-starter possessing strong organization and teamwork capabilities. Additionally, you have a commitment to looking for new and/or innovative ways to communicate through various channels and design methodologies with the objective of driving results.
UX /UI Designer Responsibilities
• Lead and participate in strategy and brainstorm sessions with users and stakeholders to help articulate and define their goals.
• Perform multi-methods user research, quantitative and qualitative, and synthesize findings into viable user experience.
• Collaborate effectively with team members (including designers, developers, product leads, and technical architects) to balance design goals against technical constraints and product priorities.
• Advocate for the user in product design meetings to ensure a final product that is valuable and usable.
• Promote best practices in UI, UX, and interaction design
• Contribute wireframes, user flows, interaction prototypes, user personas, customer journeys, site maps, and other design specification materials
• Develop various low to high fidelity prototype (wireframes, mock-ups, demoware) to effectively communicate UI/UX requirements at different stages of product development. Iterate based on feedback from product leads and developers.
• Work closely with development teams, within an Agile development process, to ensure that design specifications are implemented
• Help support the development of a product design system and ensure adherence.
UX /UI Designer Requirements
• 1-2 years of design experience with an emphasis on human- and behavior-centric design
• Familiarity with user research, visual and product design
• Experience working building mockups and prototypes
• Advanced design skills with Figma
• Experience with omni-channel design with a focus UI and UX
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize effectively
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral, to liaise with various stakeholders
• Start-up and/or retail experience highly preferred