Length of Contract:~9 months with potential to extend or convert to FTE.
Location or Remote: Remote but must work PST.
Please include portfolio in submission.
Client Overview: Our client is an American multinational chain of coffeehouses and roastery reserves headquartered in Seattle, Washington
Position Overview: Our client is looking for a experienced Ux/UI designer to join their small, remote team that can take ownership and handle projects from end to end.
- Working with cross-functional teams on discovery for digital products
- Collaborating with strategy and research teams
- Develop concepts
- Prototyping, designing, and testing strategies
- Developing presentations to share findings
- Iterating and optimizing their work!
- Design in Sketch, background in the Adobe CS Suite helps, leveraged on occasion as well.
- Build websites with knowledge of HTML+CSS, proficient to build own designs.
- Understand UI specifications, their impact, and how to guide developers
- Requires attention to detail in order to document UI issues in QA or UAT environment.
- Meet with diverse group of stakeholders and listen attentively to turn needs into user stories, wireframes, and high-level visual designs.
- Gather user requirements, build navigation components.
- Develop UI mockups, graphic user interface elements, and navigation and search tools.
- Projects range from updates on older systems being phased out, to new exciting projects.
- Must understand how to use Style Guides and ensure consistency and alignment of UI patterns
- Knowledge of Sketch or Adobe Fireworks, Photoshop, or XD.
- Proficiency in prototyping with Axure and other tools.
- Proficient in Figma, Principle, and AfterEffects
- Bachelor's degree in design or related field preferred
- Human-centered design or graphic design
- 5-6 years years of experience.
- Strong sense of ownership and attention to detail.
- able to collaborate and share work.
- Basic ability to utilize various forms of media.
- Previous experience using the computer to create layouts and generate new images
- Physical and digital retail experience
- Previous experience working with Fortune 500 brands
- Experience working on digital products in a retail environment
- Experience mentoring junior designers
- Leading and owning design projects end to end