Job descriptionOur client, a Top Entertainment Studio, is looking for a Senior Video Editor/Preditor to join their team. This will start ASAP and be an ongoing freelance assignment! You'll be able to work remotely but ideally you are local to the Santa Monica area!
This person will focus on long form content, after-shows, reunion shows and other assets. In this role, you’ll tell forward-thinking stories that deliver on the strategic objectives of our clients, and engage and entertain our originals’ audiences while pushing the boundaries of creative storytelling. If you're part imaginative storyteller, part lightning-fast editor, who brings an ambitious, efficient, and inclusive spirit to all you do, we'd love for you to join our team!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Work collaboratively with creative directors, producers, assistant editors, and motion graphic designers on original marketing ideas that support Original Series, Licensed Content, and Product Marketing initiatives.
• Move a project through various stages providing rough to fine cuts on edits.
• Edit projects on tight timelines with a variety of complex inputs
• Must be able to work from a variety of sources including; scripts, papercut notes or independently culling a story from footage.
• 6-8+ years editing with a focus on unscripted TV series, mandatory.
• Authoritative editor in Premiere CC.
• Online portfolio of amazing work.
• Reel showing a variety of long form and social work (ie, after shows, reunion shows, variety shows, follow doc experience)
• Experience editing comedy is a plus