Our client, a gaming company in Los Angeles is looking for a Visual Designer to join their team!
Full time hours
1 year contract assignment, potential to extend/convert FT
Visual Designers seek to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory and illustration. Designers collaborate with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge. As a Visual Designer, you will develop and execute visuals, UX and UI to support new game modes and events and products. Working with other visual designers and your art lead, you will develop style guides and improve upon our existing UI work in and around the game. You will report to the Art Manager on the team.
- Work cross functionally to execute the creative vision and strategy for your initiative
- Create visually balanced and intuitive interfaces that show a strong grasp of readability, hierarchy, platform and player behavior patterns
- Extend themes throughout the project establishing style guides and conventions
- Understand concepts and process behind the guides, but also know when to break the rules
- Collaborate with art, game design, and engineers to create a compelling visual experience that meets the goals for player interaction
- Create assets through each stage of development, driving the development of concepts from early ux ideation all the way to implementation in game engine
- Use deep knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory, and illustration to create seamless player experience
- Possess a growth mindset, seeking mentorship from the discipline artists and community
- Establish the quality bar for your discipline
- Hands-on experience contributing to a major feature, game, product launch, or entertainment property through the craft of visual communication design.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer, UI Designer, or UI Artist
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC products including photoshop
- Experience in Figma
- Knowledge of the game development pipeline including optimization, localization, implementation
- UX experience
- Familiarity with Unity
- Experience in a secondary area such as motion graphics, illustration, animation, or modeling is a plus