Our Client is looking for an extremely creative Merchandising Designer to support the global retail experience (online and digital) and ensure visual merchandising presentations are consistent and representative of the brand’s standards across channels. The ideal candidate will have experience designing merchandising fixtures and graphics that are elevated and convert. This person works with 3D/2D software to concept, render and create tech drawings/mechanicals for execution. This person is familiar with different materials and print methods to create unique, disruptive yet elevated retail experiences for evergreen and promotional.
What You’ll Do
• Based on creative requests/briefs, develop designs that are clear, visually impactful, easy to navigate and consistent with overall channel strategies.
• Create “to scale” renderings for merchandising planning and concept approval.
• Identify materials, construction and print methods to elevate designs and create unique displays that will stand out in the competitive, retail space.
• Create technical drawings for fixtures and mechanicals for print that have all necessary callouts for intended execution with efficient spend.
• Support design and execution of visual merchandising needs including graphics, displayers, guidelines and presentation decks.
• Partner with education and sales teams to design and execute in-store events, training materials (print and digital) and collateral.
• Work with the creative team to ideate and design product page assets that are in line with new product launch campaigns and brand guidelines.
• Concept and design assets for retailer digital campaigns that align with brand standards and convert.
• For print/packaging:
• Concept, render and design in-line packaging items (primary and secondary), kits and promotional packaging items.
• Establish creative standards for packaging to create consistency and reduced COGS.
• Organize and maintain packaging archives. • Attend press-checks and provide guidance on color and layout, ensuring the final product matches design intent.
What We’re Looking For
• 3-5 years of experience visual merchandising, experiential design or packaging.
• A stunning portfolio of visual merchandising, retail experience and/or packaging design.
• A passion for typography and composition.
• Substantial knowledge of print production including pre-press and proofing.
• Proficiency in Sketch-Up or relevant 3D software, Illustrator and Photoshop.
• A highly organized self-starter who understands how to balance multiple projects and keep them moving in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Attention to detail with careful review of work, ensuring a high standard of quality control.
• An understanding of designing for the retail environment, with an emphasis on Sephora. What Would Be Nice to Have
• Experience building presentation decks in Keynote.
• Examples of digital campaign design with assets that span different platforms.
• Knowledge of remaining Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign.
• A strong eye for color, being able to see the nuances in the color spectrum to guide color shifts. Benefits We have a great team, a great company culture (fun, collaborative, into making the world a better place than we found it!), amazing Healthcare Plan (with Dental & Vision), stock options and some great snacks at the office!